Video "add-on" content...

:confused: ?

What part of this sentence did I misunderstood again ?
You’re talking about modifying video for your customers, it seemed clear to me.

I’m saying that it wouldn’t be the purpose of an hypothetical video export from Cubase/Nuendo at all. As I said, in my mind, it would only be for preview and internal use with a director for example…

You’re going too far.
No need for effects, not even transitions. No need for plugins.
I’m thinking of a really BASIC ! video export with editing from two tracks on the timeline with some text overlay, to put annotations. That’s all ! No comparison with NLEs.

But again if they can implement something a little more sophisticated that doesn’t break other part of the software as you said, why not ?

Me a dreamer ? of course I am, thank you for the compliment. It’s sometimes much better than being realistic, rational or negative, and stagnate.

I’m merely reflecting on the very few times I’ve been asked to provide modified video in any sense at all. The point wasn’t that it was for broadcast, the point was what kind of customer it was. Please try to interpret what I write in context. Don’t just lift one sentence out of a paragraph.

Yeah, I know that’s what you said. And I’m saying I’ve never ever been asked for that, because in professional post-workflows it’s really never been an issue with the exception of aforementioned segment, which isn’t that profitable to begin with.

Ok, now you’ve changed your mind. You wrote:

Ok, so how is that done, technically? If you’re talking about simple text overlay then that may actually be possible with the next version. Nuendo’s ADR tool already allows for text to be placed on top of the video image and SB is working on a new video engine where exporting video is planned. So, maybe, they will pull off the ability to merge the two.

But, my point was; just how is it accomplished technically?

That’s what I said. If it doesn’t that’s fine. But we won’t know until after they’ve tried. And they’ve tried other things and broken parts of the software, so I’m skeptic as to their ability to get it done.

Davinci is incredible. I use it all the time. Beware though, you need a boat load of ram and a high power cuda core based video card to run it smoothly.

Cubase and Nuendo do not need video editing. You could however sync cubase and a video editor via time code which is what I used to do with Vegas but I no longer use Vegas or need to work that way anymore. Davinci and Premier is you current Video editing suit.

I thought I would revive this old thread to say that I think I have changed my opinion on this idea of video “add on” capabilities in Cubase. After using Magix Movie Edit Pro for over a year now which cost about $70 and seeing HitFilm Express for free, I don’t think it would even be feasible for SB to make a add on that could do what even the free editors can do and offer it at a competitive price. Plus the video editors have their own plug-in architecture and would just get too messy. I think it is best left to an independent program for video. Possibly an exception for the most basic, single layer video and text title features from Cubase but then again, you can do so much more than that with current free video editors.

DaVinci uses Cuda cores if I remember correctly… In order to use DaVinci you’re probably going to need a heavyweight video card. It all depends on how deep you get into the video editing and coloring. DaVinci is a great piece of software. I switched from premiere to DaVinci Studio last year because I got tired of paying adobe’s monthly fees. It’s odd that your mate hasn’t heard of DaVinci Resolve if he does pro video work because it is very well known in the industry. The free version of resolve can get you a long way if your don’t need noise reduction or have to work with UHD video. If you have any questions about it, let me know. I use it exclusively for video now. I don’t know it as deeply as I know Premier, but I could try to answer any questions you may have. Best thing to do is just download it and install it. Learn DaVinci’s key commands and make little note cards with your typical workflow on it for reference to get it under your belt.

Ha! I didn’t know this was such an old thread or else I wouldn’t have posted! LOL