[Video] CEO for the Day

I haven’t yet uploaded this to YouTube but will in the next few days. When I do, I’ll update the link here.

Edit: I uploaded to Facebook instead. Link has been updated, but you don’t have to have a Facebook account to view it.

Late last year, my CEO stated his intention to have a contest where the winner gets to be the CEO for the day. (Technically, you accompany him for one day, join in all of his meetings, etc.) This will occur in our global HQ located in Vienna. Free trips to awesome European cities are always welcomed, so of course I was all over it.

I made it past the initial round of (dis)qualification and am now in the finals, which requires me to create a video (up to 3 minutes long) that can be “serious, funny or very funny” (according to the CEO). The entire company will get the chance to view the videos of all 10 finalists and vote.

The deadline for submission is 10 Feb, which is why I haven’t yet uploaded to YouTube. But I did put it in my Box account so that I could share it with you. Obviously, there is music involved. :smiley:

Enjoy! And I hope you find the self-deprecating humor funny as well!

CEO for the Day

Vocals: Neumann TLM103 > MindPrint EnVoice MKII > Scarlett 18i8 > Cubase
Rhythm guitars: Gibson SG and a JB Player > MindPrint EnVoice MKII > Scarlett 18i8 > Cubase
Bass: Fender Jazz > MindPrint EnVoice MKII > Scarlett 18i8 > Cubase
Drums: Jamstix 3.6 > Battery 4

Because I had to record the guitars at night, I used Guitar Rig Pro instead of mic’ing the Marshall. Melodyne was used on the vocals; FabFilter C2, Q2, De-esser, and Limiter were used in various places; and Variety of Sound SlickHDR and FerricTDS were used also in mastering.

Video: recorded on a small Canon on a tripod.
Dialog: recorded using the Neumann TLM103 on a boom stand and “mixed” (compression and EQ only) in Cubase.

Results were composed in CyberLink PowerDirector 14.

I decided to upload to Facebook because I needed to control who has the ability to see the video - since I’m poking fun at other companies, I didn’t want that to come back to haunt me.

So here’s a link to the video that doesn’t require you to download anything nor that you have a Facebook account.

Enjoy!

Hi Larry, I clicked on it, and got this:
Sorry, this content isn’t available right now
Looking forward to this.

That shouldn’t be happening. :confused:

Can you try again?

Maybe it’s just me, but here’s the message I get:

Sorry, this content isn’t available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you’re not in.

Meh. The link isn’t supposed to require anything else.

I just changed the privacy to Public so maybe that’ll work.

I was able to watch it, but I had to be signed in to Facebook.

You are definitely going to win the contest. Gas up your Porsche.

Ugh…I specifically requested a link that does not require anyone to be signed into Facebook.

By the way, my daughter is definitely the star of that video.

Finally, I caught the video bug from doing this. I’m now seriously considering buying a boom mic, and am going to start keeping an eye out for a used video camera. In the past, I’ve had creative ideas for music videos to go along with some of my songs, and I’d like to try that out.

Hi Larry,

I saw the video on Facebook. Great job, very funny! :smiley:

Did they anounce the winner yet?
If not, good luck!

Cheers,
Wim

Voting closes on Feb 29 @ 5pm PST. :smiley:

Exciting! :astonished:

I didn’t win. :confused:

But I did get an email from the winner saying that, after seeing my video, he thought he was in over his head. I’ll take that as a compliment. :smiley:

Bummer!..

It was fun though! :smiley: