Video Engine Preloader

Is that a Nuendo application or Windows 7?
Some of my old projects aren’t opening in 5.1.1… those in what had become my standard format:
File Fomat: mp4
Video Format: H.264
Image Size: 1280x720

I get a popup saying video engine preloader crash…and then the video isn’t outputting via my blackmagic card… projects worked fine in 5.0.1 and 5.1…

rsp

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: VideoEnginePreloader.exe
Application Version: 1.2.0.187
Application Timestamp: 4d399662
Fault Module Name: VideoEnginePreloader.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.2.0.187
Fault Module Timestamp: 4d399662
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00007de9
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I am now pretty sure it is a SB application…
One Step forward, four steps backwards… can’t wait to see what will be broken in the next update.
rsp

since the project has been completed and has been broadcasted I am putting a link of an example file here:

rsp

Hi Richard,

I’ve tested your mp4 file in OSX with my Intensity PRO. Works just as it should.

I’ve seen reports of similar problems for Intensity / Windows users.
I know that installing Quicktime on its own (once again) solved the problem for a few of them.
Seems that iTunes+Quicktime updates somehow ruins Quicktime.

Please try and download QT only from here:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Best,
Pål

iTunes has to be one of the worst pieces of crap to ever come out of Apple.
It’s dreadful, and I completely agree with Pal’s comment above…

thanks Pal. I will try that… the video plays fine in Quicktime, but I will try that…
thanks a million for testing…
will try that.
rsp

Sadly that didn’t work.
Downloaded Quicktime
Uninstalled Quicktime
restarted
reinstalled Quicktime.
still no go.
would appreciate if anyone with a pc could try.
thanks
rsp

I tried using the onscreen video window. Same crash.
rsp

Confirmed… This video crashes video preloader here as well. But this video a bit weird. I can’t see its bitrate neither by quicktime player not vlc. I suspect that’s the reason of that crashes. Anyway, I think developers should analize it.

Checked the video info in QT, VLC and MpegStreamclip in OSX. Can’t see video info here either.
So, something a bit weird it is.

I’ll re-encode it and upload.

P

thanks…it came that way from the client… not sure what they used to encode it in my desired format.
Rustami and Pål, really really appreciate it.
thanks
rsp

Here’s a new version.
http://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=LOPJUGXFIJZKENT

This one also plays fine in OSX. Hopefully also in Windows.

Report back.

/P

thanks.
will try it now.
what did you use to reconvert it?
Just Quicktime Pro? ( I wish that program allowed you to make your own presets)
rsp

Well good news is that it plays and no crashes, bad news it is very jerky…
played problem free on 5.1.0.
Thanks Pal.

rsp

Yes, I did see that it was jerky.
I think that is because I forced it to 24 fps. Your source file said it was 24 fps, but I think it was 23.976.
I’ll make a new one.
I re-encoded it with Handbrake. With such a small file it takes just 10 seconds. AND handbrake have presets…

If/when we get something working that you like, I can just share the preset with you.

Here’s a new file: http://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=BBFMGZNBNROWRAA

Pål

Also try my version… Should be smooth. http://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=SSODCETDGKLJFLA

I am about to download both…but just want to say thanks…really thanks you two.
rsp

Rustami what converter are you using?

Ok… I did a reconversion of the files the client sent me with what I normally use with presets, squared 5 mpeg streamclip…

This and the files sent above all work… Pål I think the file is in fact 24 fps…

Mpeg Streamclip conversion works except there are video glitches (points where it looks very low resolution)
Pål conversion works except a lil jerky at the start and Nuendo couldn’t pick up the frame rate from the video file… never worked at 23.97 before I am going to assume this would require pull up pull down or whatever it is called…

Rustami’s conversion worked the best… and looked the best.hence the initially query…Rustami what did you use to convert?
thanks a lot…
rsp

I am using either ProCoder or Mediacoder. Since Mediacoder is free, I’d recommend to use it… MediaCoder - Download Latest MediaCoder The only problem with Mediacoder it can be buggy sometimes due to beta status. I will post settings a bit later.

Normally I am using lower bitrate, like 1500. Made it higher for your video…

If you need PCM audio in video, you should use that settings.

If you want to create not mov but mp4 file, you should change audio in previous tab to mp3… That’s it.