Video import not working at all

Hi! Im trying to import video-files in pro 9.5.21. When i click import>video file i get a message that ”Quicktime cannot be initialized. If you want to play back video, please make sure it is installed on your system”. I installed it and got the same message. I am however allowed to continue but any video-file i try is listed as unsupported. I’ve tried mov. Mp4. and AVI. What am i doing wrong?

Hi,

Since Cubase 9.0.30 (if I’m right), there is no QuickTime engine used anymore. Cubase is using its own video engine. So it’s weird you get this message. I would recommend to reinstall Cubase 9.5 from the full installer to make sure you get the correct video component installed. Then I would recommend to update Cubase to the latest Cubase 9.5.30 version.

Hopefully you can import video after.

Hi,
I have the problem with Import Video in Cubase Pro 10.0.60.
My friend has also the same Video Import problem with his Cubase Pro 11.

We go to File > Import > Video and I select my video nothing happens, nothing imported.
We tried to import the video with information below with no success:
.mp4 (size 11 MB)
.mov (size 10MB)

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Cubase does not uses QT video engine anymore.
Steinberg replaced it with a new more up-to-date video engine and it works very good with several video codecs while ProRes is on the top of the list on both Mac and PC.
Here you can see the supported video codecs table:

BTW, you don’t need to import videos, you can drag them over directly to your project/session as long as they are in the right format. Plus, small h264 videos are horrible for work and will most likely stutter during playback, convert you videos into PhotoJPEG, DNxHD or ProRes to get the best experience.

@Sagi,
Thank you for the information.
I’ll take a look at the link.

1 Like