Video not working in Cubase Pro 8.0.30

I can’t play videos in Cubase Pro 8.0.30

I have gone back to Cubase Pro 8.0.20 and the video player works.

I am having the same issue. I need to get this resolved in order to finish a project. Any suggestions?

Hardware: i7 4790k CPU 4ghz Win 8.1 64 bit, RME FF UFX

I need to get this resolved in order to finish a project. Any suggestions?

I suggest you uninstall the update and finish your project.

Grim thanks for the suggestion. I am considering that. However, the strange thing is that it was working. I even did a bounce of the audio and used the “Replace Audio in Video File” function to add the audio to another version of the video file that I made. Now all I get is a green screen on the Video Player in Cubase.

There was a Quicktime update installed before 8.0.3 and everything was working fine. Im considering trashing preferences before rolling back to 8.0.2. Anyone think this might help? I’m going to contact support.

Thanks. :neutral_face:

Go to C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 8\Components\ and rename videooutput.exe to something else like videooutput_old.exe

Restart Cubase - does that solve the problem?

Quicktime installer version 7.7.8 (2015/8/20) is actual no futher compatible with clean install of windows 8/8.1 and never compatible with clean install of windows 10 from version 7.7.7. and later

older versions has security risks if you going online.

you can try patch installation like this on windows 10
http://tommynation.com/install-quicktime-windows-10/

or try older versions like 7.7.7 or 7.7.6. on windows 8.1 ( your own risk ), install last possible quicktime version after cubase installation.

adobe, steinberg and others using quicktime must working hard to find alternatives now

Maincat and Aaandima, I appreciate you guys chiming in. I tried both suggestions but no go. I’m going to roll back to 8.0.2, I don’t see any other choice. Is there a roll back procedure, or will I have to just reinstall Cubase?

I hope they fix this soon.