Video plays 1-2 frames

I’m getting to know the video capabilities of Dorico and downloaded a free 30 second video to practice with. It is 4k but Dorico only plays about 2 frames and stops even though the score playback continues. This is a Windows 10 OS and Dorico 4. Anyone else experience this or is this a known issue?

Steve

Perhaps you could provide a link to the video so we can try it out?

Great idea! Thank you.

It has to be something with the videos. I did a little more testing with last year’s spitfire competition video (mp4) and it played back just fine. I wonder if it’s simply these free videos are 4k? Interestingly Studio One plays this video just fine so that may rule out some OS/codec related issues?

This video also plays back fine for me when attached to a flow in Dorico. Can you tell me a bit more about your hardware configuration?

Sure.

It’s a Dell PC. 32GB RAM, i7 3.4GHz CPU.Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Graphics card is just a built in Intel HD Graphics chip I suppose (HD Graphics 530).

It’s strange that these videos don’t play but I have some that do. I can’t discern any reason why this would be the case.

I’ll ask my Windows-using colleagues whether they are able to play back this video successfully. Certainly here on my Mac I’m having no problems.

Thank you! I don’t know how to troubleshoot it at this point.

Full Screen on a 32" Monitor and Win11 runs perfectly fine…

I just tried this on a Win 10 machine and saw the seem results as @winknotes, halting presentation of about two video frames and then the video stops.
video test.dorico (495.3 KB)
Diagnostic Report too large. I’ll PM it or e-mail it to Daniel.