Video window is screwed up

Something serious has happened here… - I load a video into a score, but the video is pushed right to the last quarter of the video window. It happened after following Paul Wamsleys advice in another thread because I didn’t have any sound from the video. That problem was user error with the timecode and sound works now

I tried different videos and different scores… - same problem. See attached…

The video plays nicely in Cubase and other apps.
Please help!
Update: Reinstalling Dorico didn’t help. The problem persists… :face_with_head_bandage:

ok… I found out it’s because I have the video on my second monitor, which has a smaller resolution.
Dragging the video to the main monitor and resizing the window helped, and I can now drag it back to the second monitor. But if I resize it there I’m in trouble again…

Greetings,
I have a very similar problem with scoring to video & have been unable to solve it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

We are looking into a similar problem ourselves at the moment. It appears that the video window doesn’t cope well with variance in the display scale factor between different displays, or possibly even that high scaling values (as you might typically use on a 4K display) cause problems on their own. As I say, we’re looking into this at the moment.

It’s the same video engine in Cubase and it works fine there :thinking:

The same video engine, but a different means of displaying the video, given the very different technological foundations of Cubase and Dorico.

Hi,
I am encountering the issue right now in dorico 4. Is there a solution yet?

Are you using Windows or macOS, @hofmann.niko? If you’re using Windows, the issue with the scale factor of the Video window when using a high pixel density display is unfortunately not yet resolved.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I am using Windows 10. I understand that some bugs have a lower priority. I though maybe sharing my issue can help you in any way. I can wait for this bug to be fixed. Really love dorio, you guys are doing a fantastic job! It has become my favorite program :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am working with a video that is 640x380.
Is there a way to make the video larger ?
It only fills a fraction of the video window, and is practically unusable.
This can’t be right ?

No, indeed, that doesn’t seem right. Can you share the video file so we can take a look at it? I doubt you’ll be able to attach it here, but if you could provide a link to the file on e.g. a cloud storage location like Dropbox or Google Drive, that would be helpful.

Sure.
But it happens wih all video files I attach. They never fill out the video window as they do in e.g. Cubase.

Thanks for attaching the video file. I’ve run it through MediaInfo and indeed it correctly reports its resolution of 640 x 360 pixels. When I attach it to a flow Dorico, it does indeed fill up the Video window completely, as I expect, and resizes as I resize the window, too.

Dorico and Cubase share the same video engine, but there are some differences in how the video window itself is managed between the two applications. Are you on Windows or macOS?

Windows 11 Pro.
Graphic Card is ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 DUAL V2.

Thanks for confirming. I fired up my Windows PC and tried your video file there, and it all worked OK on my Windows system, as it does on my Mac. I’ll ask my colleagues who look after the video engine whether they have any ideas as to what might be going on.

Thank’s, but as I said it’s the same with all video files. They never fill out the video window.
So it maybe something with my system :thinking:

Hi Daniel,
have they found something ?
They might like to see my specs, so here they are:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A GAMING WIFI D4 Motherboard - Intel Z690 - Intel LGA1700 socket - DDR4 RAM - ATX
Intel Core i9-12900K Alder Lake CPU - 16 kerner 3.2 GHz - Intel LGA1700
ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 DUAL V2 - 8GB GDDR6 RAM - Graphic card
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3600 C18 BK DC - 32GB
Corsair RM850 (2021) Power supply - 850 Watt
2 x1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280
LG 48" C3 4K OLED evo TV (2023) monitor
HP ZR2740w monitor
AOC 24" monitor

Thanks for the additional specs, which I’ll pass on to the team. Sorry for the delay in any feedback from our side.