View/edit multiple Controllers for all selected parts in Key Editor

Hello composers and other ghosts! :slight_smile:

Some time ago I felt that it would be nice to see for example all Modulation events for all selected parts in Key Editor. Then I think I can work without this extra feature, but it wwould be great to have it.

But right now I somehow accidentally select three parts in three lanes of one track and surprise - I see Modulation controller events for all three parts. And I can edit each controller the same way we can edit an active or selected track note events. Here in lanes the inactive lane’s controller event are a bit grayed or “behind” the active one. By clickin on an event of inactive lane’s controller “it comes closer” and all other “goes farther”. It’s cool!

Please tell me if this feature is switchable in parameters for multiselected Key Editor view! If not, then maybe this featur is in Cubase 10? I will upgrade soon, but now I’m composing.

Why this would be great for selected track parts? Imagine you record chello and use Modulation wheel for expression, then you record violas and also move the modulation wheel for your felt expression and so on. Then you want to manage these expressions but change viola’s expression according to chelli expression - a little bit louder or quieter but with the same curve. Now this is not possible even if you draw a new curve and switch to another of selected track to view how far your new curve is from the destination.

I hope my bad English is at least for your enjoyment :wink:

This image shows as it is in multi Lane parts selection:

And this is my vision. Maybe something is in other DAWs, but would be great to have in Cubase:
CubaseMultiCtrl_colors.jpg

Hi,

No, you can’t show multiple controller lanes this way in Cubase. I would recommend to post this to the Feature Request part of the forum.

Thank you, Martin.
Posted in Requests forum: View/edit multiple Controllers for all selected parts in Key Editor - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

SIgned in today to see if this could be done. Is it really not possible to edit CCs for multiple parts at the same time? It seems like it should, either with Group Editing (Group Editing (Cubase Pro only)), or toggling Edit Active Part Only (How to Edit Multiple MIDI Parts Simultaneously in Cubase | Q&A with Greg Ondo - YouTube).

Hi,

Group editing is useful for Audio. The specific use-case is to quantise drums.

By Edit Active Part Only toggle, you can select, if you select (by using lasso/object selection tool) the active/select MIDI Notes only, or if you select all MIDI Notes currently displayed in the Key Editor. But this is about the MIDI Notes only. The MIDI CCs are always shown for the active part only.

Gotcha, yeah I figured that’s how it worked. What I would really like in an update then is to be able to draw CC parabolas for all selected parts.