Viking Synth with Cubasis 1.9.8

Hello,

I am trying to use Blamsoft’s Viking Synth AU synthesizer on my iPad mini 2 (9.3.1), and have found that the preset buttons for the AU app are inaccessible when using as an AU within Cubasis.

Cubasis is the only AU host app I have, so can not check on any other app, but I just recently purchased Viking Synth and found that I am unable to save or load any of the presets. From looking at their documentation, it seems these buttons are located where Cubasis shows the Instruments bar along the top of the AU synth. I am unsure if this bar is meant to be left for the AU host or AU app, but thought I would check here in case this problem is seen in other AU host apps and anyone had seen this before?

Hi fotizimo,

Thanks for your message.
AU preset support is planned to be included in the next Cubasis update.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hello Lars,

Thanks so much for getting back to me so quickly on this one. I really appreciate you letting me know about the plans for this functionality. My only other AU is iSem, and that AU handles presets very differently, so wasn’t sure where to look. I will wait for the next update.

Hi fotizimo,

Thanks for your message.

iSEM AU includes its own preset system to load and save factory and user presets.

As of yet Apple’s AU preset handling allows to load factory presets, but it is not possible to save user presets.
As mentioned above Apple’s AU preset support is given with Cubasis’ next update. Apart from that we’ve informed Apple regarding the lack being able to store AU user presets with the given system.

Best,
Lars