Violin 1 and 2 turned around

Hi all,
I’m writing an orchestral score and I recently changed the violins. This is because I started with solo players but actually, I needed section players. Everything is well, except I now see this. Violin 1 and 2 are turned around.

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 22.36.05

I’ve tried changing their names, but weirdly enough the tutti score won’t change. (The respective parts are all good…)

Screenshot 2022-01-03 at 22.39.38

Does anyone have a solution for this?

P.S. I’d rather not have to change the instruments again since there are already a lot of notes written.

Have you set a custom player order for the score? If not, what’s shown when you expand the two violin players – staff labels use the instrument names, not the player name.

And just to check – are you aware that you can drag instruments, with all their existing music, from one player to another? So you don’t have to manually copy/paste everything, you can just change the player type by e.g. adding a new section player, leaving it empty-handed, then dragging an existing instrument to the new empty-handed section player.

Thank you! I did have a custom player order. However, I think I found the root of the problem and it’s that I can’t change the name/number of the blue box:

ss
-So if I click on “Edit names…” I can only edit the ‘Violin’ part, not the number.

Any solution?

I did not know that you could drag the instruments + music. Thank you.

Switch the players around, reset their names, and swap the instruments’ music is probably the simplest solution.

Dorico automatically numbers instruments – more info here.

Thank you! It worked out :slight_smile: