Virgin Territory still virgin?

Hello again everybody.

Correct me please if I’m wrong, but we still having the same “Virgin Territory” behavior in Cubase 11 as before, right?
I’m aware about this feature discussions located in Cubase 8 and 9 forum branches and do not really want to start it all over again.
Just want to be sure that I didn’t miss some new useful checkbox, changing the behavior.

I personally observe that it removes transitional automation lines from visibility only, but returns track fader to the last terminator value after any cursor repositioning. Any other automated mixer control or inserted plugin control - knob or fader, drops to the last terminator value immediately.

What’s interesting - cubase mixer controls, except track fader, drops its value right after you stop tuning it - and you can hear it, but the image of knob itself changes only after cursor repositioning. This is a minor bug obviously.

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand your description. Could you attach a video or link other thread with the video, please?

As far as I know, there is no change in this area in Cubase 11. It’s like this in Cubase from the very first release, same as it has been in Nuendo.

Hello,
Here follows the link to the video, recorded by the windows inbuilt software, so please sorry for the overall quality - above all it forces input to mono.
But you can hear still, that when cursor within virgin territory - any control value, except track fader, returns to the last automation value right after you release mouse button.
And you can see, that any control, including track fader, keeps its onscreen state until cursor reposition.