Vocal parts sustain glitch (note entry)

Hello,

I’m doing note entry for an oratorio with a choir and soloists, and I’m getting frustrated due to a new glitch that just started occurring. I’m running 4.2, and I’ve been working on this project for 6 months, but I just noticed the glitch this week.

I typically enter all the pitches and then go back and do dynamics and articulations. When I go back through, I typically scroll through the notes one-by-one with the arrow keys. This also helps me check the pitches. However, if I scroll too quickly, one of the notes will start sustaining indefinitely unless I hit P then spacebar. This problem only occurs in vocal lines and doesn’t happen at all when scrolling through instrumental parts. Any ideas for how to prevent this from happening? Is this on Steinberg’s radar?

EDIT: The problem is also occurring if I do my note entry too quickly. It’s frustrating because it’s slowing down my workflow.

EDIT 2: It only happens when inputting or scrolling through repeated notes, not changing notes.

Sounds like you need to post a Dorico diagnostics file here, so the Dev Team can take a look at what’s been going on (Help>Create Diagnostic Report)

What VST are you using?

I’m just using the default HALion sonic

Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.6 MB)

It’s a bit of a long shot, but could you try experimenting with changing the buffer size in Edit > Device Setup to see if that helps at all?