I am experiencing cut out / fade out issues while recording vocals in Cubase Elements 10.5.20. I use a Lewitt LCT 240 PRO microphone and the Steinberg UR22 mkII interface with Cubase.
I should say right away that I have also recorded acoustic guitar, keyboards (I don’t have a synthesizer so I recorded it with the microphone), and cajon with the microphone and I had ZERO issues. In fact, I didn’t do more than just place the mic, adjust the peak level and start recording and it worked flawlessly.
So here is what I tried regarding the vocals:
- I recorded with different distances from the microphone and adjusted the peak levels accordingly
- I have used both the Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO and the ASIO4ALL driver
- In “Studio Setup”, I switched between the standard and stable modes and tried different buffer sizes for both
- For project setup, I use the record format 44.1 kHz - 16 bit
- I uninstalled and reinstalled the software
- I recorded vocals with Audacity and it worked as simple and fine as with the instruments mentioned above
That is as far as my knowledge regarding recording and studio software goes. I tried google but I couldn’t find anything relatable at all.
Thanks a lot for your help.