Vocal recordings from XML! Cantamus

There already seems to be the option to buy extra credits at 1 Euro per score. (It’s at the bottom of the “Pricing” page on their website.)

I don’t think you read my post properly - If you want to create four renderings of the same single line of vocal in order to mix together in a DAW to create the effect of having four singers on the same line, then this is one possible way of doing it. If you render the same line four times, all as a soprano voice, I would expect all the recordings to be too similar, and they would probably phase when you layered them together. Maybe I can render the same line four times, all as a soprano voice and get slightly different waveforms, but I haven’t tried that yet. Using a different SATB voice for each rendering works well in my experiments so far.

Not sure I see that - There’s an option in the Ensemble Plan Subscription to add an additional member for 1 euro a month - I’m talking about the ‘Upload Custom Scores’ quota. Are you on the Subscription page?

This is what I found:

Actually, I do remember raytracing to take 30 minutes for a single frame… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Now we have graphics cards that can render raytraced images over 60 times a second…
If that company gets their code to be hardware-accelerated, the sky is the limit. Even phones have AI accelerator chips built in these days!
These wouldn’t be fast enough in this case, but a Nvidia or AMD chip could very well be, even right now.
Im excited!

B.

2 Likes

May be software like Cantamus will be an interesting alternative for virtual choir working…

Hello,
Another incredible piece of software is Synthetizer V.

Example with “All by myself”.

Regards,
Gil.

4 Likes

Oh my goodness. That’s scary!!

This one is even more of a stunner: Synthesizer V - Vocaloid haters might want to check this | Page 90 | VI-CONTROL

I’m struggling to believe this is really a digital mock-up…

2 Likes

:flushed:Taking about scary…

Post in thread ‘Synthesizer V - Vocaloid haters might want to check this’ Synthesizer V - Vocaloid haters might want to check this | Page 78 | VI-CONTROL

Just discovered that Vocaloid (their big competitor… :wink:) is owned by Yamaha… :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Holy smokes. Somebody stop me, I think I’m about to go down the rabbit hole…

6 Likes

Me too… :wink: Your original post sounds positively pedestrian now… 30 minutes rendering… :joy:
And this is a VST right now!
Just wow…
B.

1 Like

Thx Gil for the heads up! :relaxed:
B.

1 Like

I just did. Bundle bought… This guy deserves support, fascinating to see where this will end up… :wink:

1 Like

VOCALOID has just come out with a new version, VOCALOID 6, which is a serious improvement over version 5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc3h9iKYKDs
https://www.vocaloid.com/en/

I decided to try out Cantamus. It is certainly remarkable technology as can be witnessed here
https://cantamus.app/pieces/50240
One thing that really annoyed me is that it doesn’t seem to read the standard notation for tenors as being in the treble clef an octave lower so I had to redo the export using the bass clef for the tenor which seems silly (unless I’m missing something here).

It doesn’t have the weight of a full choir sound which is what I’d want for this particular piece (an extract from a Mass) so it hardly replaces the EW Hollywood Choirs which is my go to for this sort of thing. But it’s certainly interesting.

This is behind a login wall, unfortunately.

I assumed that anyone following this would have created an account with Cantamus. Anyway, after quick research it seems to be possible to download individual voice mp3’s which then have to be combined in Cubase and then some reverb added as the export is completely dry. Unless @dan_kreider found a better method! Anyway, here we are.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did. I downloaded the stems, imported them into Studio One, added reverb, and then boosted each voice one at a time to produce part-prominent recordings. Quick and easy.

1 Like

Here’s a good SynthV Forum posting for anyone who wishes to delve into this amazing product.

If I were Yamaha, I’d ditch Vocaloid and work with Dreamtonics - they’re both Japanese.

1 Like

Holy moly you better have one heckuva soprano!