VoiceLive2

I bought the VoiceLive2, and I am struggling with setting it up with Cubase, to get it working…

I am using the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R as my Audio Device. In that device, there is an ASIO Direct Monitoring button. I tried both mark and unmark it…And the VL2 is connected from its OUTPUTS to the Channel Input nr. 5 and 6.
I create a new Stereo Audio Track to have the Harmony. I go to the Cubase 6.5, enter DEVICES, create a new Stereo Input, and set the Device Ports to VoiceLive2 1 and VoicelLive2 2( Left-Right). Then, I go to the Work area in Cubase, choose Left for the Vocal in the Input Routing, and Right for the Guitar Track in the Input Routing. But, when I playback the song, LEAD MUTE ON, GUITAR MUTE ON, then when I hit the HARMONY-button. It seems like the VL2 gets the RETURN-signal from Cubase back into its signal-chain, because the Monitor-function in CUBASE is ON.When I record a Harmony track from VL2 in Cubase-and the monitoring at the actual track is ON- the same Track will be routed back to the VL2-unit, then this “crappy” sound comes out, and it doesn’t sound nice, AT ALL!! So, where do I go from here? What’s the best way to get out of this??

Another thing, when I try recording a track, there is also NO signals in the new Stereo Track for Harmony, cuz I can only hear the crappy sound thru the headset…

Here’s how I have set up the Two Devices roughly:

VL2 Output (Jack)----M-Audio Fast Track 8R Line Input 5/6 ( Jack), VL2 MIDI IN-to a MIDI-keyboard. USB port on the VL2 is in use.The Outputs of the M-Audio goes to 2 pair of monitors. Is this the right way to do it or have I routed it wrongly? I am not sure which way that will suit me the best…Can anyone show me, or tell me in an easy way how to like set it up like a channel Insert in Cubase, or as an external effect like Tom Lang is doing in this video… Global Konnekt Episode 4 - voice processing by TC-Helicon - YouTube

I just found another link that show setup in Cubase, but I am not sure which one to use, as I will use the Guitar Track along, to find the right Chords…
http://www.voiceliveusers.com/images/fbfiles/files/voicelive_2_v1_2_CUBASE_ASIO4ALL_WINDOWS.pdf