Voices sharing Staves

I’m working with an SATB / Piano arrangement. Is it possible to mix up the format for part of the score so that (example) Sopranos and Altos share a stave while Tenors and Basses have their own staves? If so, will playback recognise the different voices?

At the moment, the only way is to cheat it by having a pair of staves that only appear where you need them to (Layout Options > Vertical Spacing > Hide empty staves always) and cutting and pasting from your main vocal staves where necessary. This is a trick that many of us have been using in Sibelius for decades. My guess is that playback will not recognise the different voices here, but don’t hold me to that.

The team have previously stipulated that they’re thinking very carefully about how to implement a proper solution to this problem, and that it’s very much on the roadmap that there should be something better than workarounds.

Thanks Leo - appreciated. I’ll try that.

For some real geekery, see my hack for how to display the letter S above A and T above B on shared staves, here: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=126294