Volta brackets, lyric extension lines and ties

Is it somehow possible do get the desired result without any graphical workaround.

No. Not as far as I know.

I think you could create an invisible syllable with a hard space below the half note and activate the extension line via the properties panel. (Not sure because I’m not in front of Dorico now.)

1 Like

Checking in after 5 years, since I bumped into that situation, too, and wonder, if there is a different solution now available?

Since extenders do not normally extend under single (untied) notes, adding a hard space under the dotted half note in measure 21 would probably not produce an extender without additional manipulation.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, no, we have not yet tackled the complex area of handling notations that are split by repeats. It is of course on our backlog of things to develop in future.

3 Likes

The usual workaround is to use an LV tie, and then move it to the other side of the note.

As Derrek points out, a lyric extension only goes to the right-hand end of the last note (and certainly not to some mid-way point within the note’s duration! :grin:).

But for other situations, you could perhaps use the Line tool.

1 Like

Yes !
||: SOON :||
||: PLEASE :||