Volume Envelope Automation is great, but

I’d love to being able to adjust the range what’s possible (maybe an option in the preference?). A +3dB increase is great, but a +6dB range feels more natural and flexible to me, similar how it is in Cubase. The volume automation is super convenient, especially in SpectraLayers standalone.

Of course I can just turn down the whole file by -3dB during automation and then being able to amplify by +6dB, but it would be great to have at least a +6dB increase available right at the start. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You actually can draw points above +3dB. You either have to adjust the volume/power ruler accordingly (mouse-wheel-down while hovering over the ruler; or via the “Wave Range” option in the Display panel), or disable the setting “Bound Envelope Edits to Visible Range”.
You can also right-mouse-click any point and select “Edit Point…” to enter a numerical value, unfortunately only in percent (that might not be as intuitive) and only up to 300% (which is about +9.5dB).

I agree, the volume envelope is super useful. As it is a brand new feature to SpectraLayers, here some of my suggestions for further improvements:

• a higher limit for the numerical input (and maybe an option to switch to dB)
  • an option to smooth out a curve
  • the option to snap points to the grid for exact time and volume placement
2 Likes

Oh thanks for these solutions, these work great! Especially using the mouse wheel while hovering over the ruler works really well! I agree it would be more intuitive as an audio person to see a dB value instead of percentage when you right click on the point to edit!