Volume on Export

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 and Cubase Elements AI/LE 8.

I am a professional singer, songwriter, and producer working in the music industry.
I literally love Cubase and have been using it for over 15 years and honestly for over 15 years I have been battling with getting my exports to mirror my session.

I have seen many people speak on this topic and have similar questions to receive responses about mastering and mastering problem. I truly know that it isn’t my mastering as I have worked on many, many projects and songs for others and also my own where I literally have to maneuver ways into having the volume of my export to be similarly close to what it actually should be.

Beats and production from others who use Logic or different programs seem to be way more upfront/closer to where the volume should be. When I play a production of mine next to a production that came from another program it is so noticeably quieter. Again, I know that it has nothing to do with mastering technique or anything of the sort as, humbly said, I know what I am doing when it comes to mixing and mastering. Getting the export to reflect that without days of listening, re-exporting, turn this up, turn that down, loud enough but distorting, turn it back down again is the problem.

If there are any settings in Windows or the DAW, registry edits, and/or literally anything that can/will help please let me know. I know this will also help thousands of people so I will surely spread the Word also. Salute and thanks in advance!!

Cheers to my peers,
Tejai

Hi,

Make sure your “Main Mix” (probably Stereo Out) fader is set to 0.0dB. This fader affects the export Volume.

Apart from this, I would say it’s art of mixing (especially using of EQ), but you said you know very well, what you are doing…