Volume pane access

wondering if in N5 there has been given a path to get to the Volume pane in the ‘Info Line’ via Key command or macro?

I’ve been given tips in the past of ways to get there using the TAB key in a macro but these have not worked for me consistently, probably because of my layout … I constantly am mousing up to the volume pane and find it very tedious and quite unbelievable that there is no other way to get to that information … Please build this in to your Key Command options … I’ll buy the booze …

felix

you can always click on the relevant clip on the project window and use control up arrow/down arrow to change clip volumes.

Sure … Thanks … that kinda works but I’m way too anal for that … I just want to hit a key and I’m there to type in my exact number … That’s really the only acceptable solution for me … It seems like it should be a no-brainer as far as a software function …

I remember the old AVID Audiovision did clip based volume very elegantly … they also had the option of working in relative volume and absolute volume … Which was nice …

Nuendo works kind of in relative volume in terms of grabbing a group of edits and and making a volume adjustment and all clips go up or down relatively … In the AudioVision you’d grab a group of clips and type in how much up or down you wanted to go … you hit key command for vol pane type 1.5 enter and all clips go up 1.5db(Which is how I would like Nuendo to work)

In ABSOLUTE mode it would allow you to change all clips hi lighted to whatever number you determined, which is nice if you want to zero out volumes on a whole track …

my 2cents

felix

Felix, if you’re on a Mac, QuicKeys works great Just tried it and you couldn’t tell it wasn’t a built-in key command. I use QuicKeys for a bunch of stuff that Steinberg left out. Just running out of key combinations on my left hand…

Jason