Your most important audio export features
- Naming scheme: new options for start/end timecode and also the export type (“CSP”, etc.)
- Status report when one of the exported tracks clipped to 0 dB
- Option to apply the key signal on side chained plugins when exporting a non-DRY track.
- Bypass specific plugin inserts across all tracks (e.g.: all Echoboy / H-delay / etc.)
- Export a mixdown for selected tracks or folder
- Checkboxes to enable/disable individual jobs) to only reexport a part of the overall queue (e.g.: update or export issue with one of the tracks)
- Enable “after export” action on a job.
- Bug: update vertical track order in export window according to changes in project window. Currently requires closing/reopening the project.
- Include Video in the export job queue
- Option to skip (or delete post export) silent tracks
I collected all the requests from previous posts and added a few from myself. 3 votes each to raise attention to the Steinberg team about the most important improvements needed. If you have additional ideas, please add below.
Note: the side chain key signal ask could also be an option for the solo behavior in the mix console.
Dec. 2nd 2020 update
Other asks from this thread (but poll feature is limited to 10)
- Checkboxes to select effects scope ([ ]volume (gain, fader, pan) [ ] Channel Strip [ ] Inserts [ ] Sends [ ] Post fader signal path [ ] with master effects)
- Pause / resume batch export
- Cancel job must not delete files already exported
- Skip current item in the queue
- Cross project (multi .cpr) export
- Job queue presets to only reexport a set of jobs (similar to tickboxes but less cumbersome if this is about a set of jobs)
- Add “arranger chain” alongside locators & cycle markers options
- Add mixdown to project as “quality control track” (disabled/muted to avoid it being exported the next time)
- Display file export preset name when selection matches one of the presets
- MP3 ID3 tag saved as part of the batch export/project
BUG: flakey file format presets that sometimes don’t load after selection (I haven’t encountered this one though)
BUG: channel number sometimes has 1 sometimes 2 leading zeroes for no apparent reason (i.e.: no duplicate file names)
I’ll add the top one(s) to replace clear low scoring ones in the poll.