Vote for your most important feature request topics!

three votes for this topic already :smiley:

2 Likes

:rofl: 15 chars

1 Like

As I said, it’s an experiment. I would suggest to give it a try for a couple of weeks and then we could review how it is adopted. Maybe this is something that needs to be management more actively to make it work. Like asking for votes on specific areas of Cubase and set an end date to discuss the results with the community afterwards.

6 Likes

I think you get more votes the more you participate on the forums

Exactly. I can see that working much better in a defined timeframe.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s why @Martin.Jirsak can overrule us all! :grinning:

11 Likes

Eh, I got six. They’re ok. I used them. If we had a timeframe in place, I would get them back at some point (2 weeks, one month?). But I would get them back.

I wouldn’t like speaking just for the sake of speaking to get more votes.

1 Like

@Dr.Strangelove is it there a setting to display in the main view also the votes of a post?

1 Like

(to be able to sort of course)

1 Like

who spent their votes on this thread? :rofl:

2 Likes

hi powernemo - not aware of a way of showing it as a column but if you go into the ‘cubase’ or ‘nuendo’ categories I get a ‘sort-by votes’ icon - not quite the same as what you are after but you can more easily
see what people are voting for.

1 Like

Yea, as like the “supported” controllers should be supported or something.

One of my favorite features is the current Version of Cubase actually running on the current generation of Macbooks :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

This basically means hobbyists, that spend more time chatting on the forum than pros, will be taken into greater consideration. This is not good news, I rely on Steinberg software to make a living and only show up here a few times a year.

I understand hobbyists and semi-pros represent a relevant share of paying customers and that is to be respected but are you sure giving them a priority vote, over the pros, is the best way to develop better, more solid software?

8 Likes

The voting is an experiment, and is not the sole method of mapping the future of Cubendo by any means.

But your observation is valid.

1 Like

So how can we find out more about this? Where do we check our vote allocation? Are votes use-em or lose-em or do they accumulate indefinitely? Are new votes allocated on some predictable time schedule? This information would be most helpful.

1 Like

hi dmbaer

when you vote it tells you how many votes you have left - and when you look at you profile you can see what you have voted for.

More votes are allocated when you move through the various member levels - and that’s not just how long you’ve been here but how many times you post, how often you visit etc…so keep visiting and keep posting useful posts and you get more votes…

use 'em or lose 'em ? - well you can unvote too so you can keep moving them about…but you don’t lose them.

1 Like

Nothing prevents you to take 5 minutes of your time to make a post where you propose something constructive for your workflow, I am pretty sure that if there’s anything worth implementing also such “hobbyists” would spend a vote to push your idea.

Perhaps these 'hobbyists", that spend their time chatting on the forums (and thus exchanging with other Cubase users), just for the fact that they use the software outside of a “stressing job” can come up with alternate or more creative workflow proposals that a person busy because of work has no time to explore.

5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Two major problems with the Cubase interface

A post was split to a new topic: Sound interruption when loading plugins