VST Amp Rack - Replacing Valves?

I am just not getting a good distortion signal from the VST Amp Rack at the moment - does anyone know how long the valves last and where the best place to get replacements is?

Many thanks in advance…

Don’t use the stock valves. I changed as I got it. Warmer.

You have to let valves warm up for at least 20 minutes before they sound their best. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here…

Thank you guys for the great advice.

The distortion is now much better.

I have mailed support to ask for a mobile/tablet app that would let us check the valves individually and hope this is the end of this particular issue…

What’s a valve?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valve_(electronics)

I was joking, just going along with what was clearly an April fools thingy… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A properly coded virtual valve is indistinguishable from an actual triode running at high voltage in Class A or Class B operation. Where programmers usually cut corners is in writing the code for the slow deterioration of the electrolytic capacitors, mainly because that code has to be replaced every 10 to 15 years, which exceeds the planned obsolescence life-span of the product. This is where boutique programmers really shine, since they can code for every nuance of the circuit topography, offering options for virtual turrets or eyelets; garolyte or fish-paper; polyester or polypropylene caps, wirewound or carbon comp resistors, etc. Yes, it costs more … but it’s worth every cent!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

All right, coded my first tube, a kr842vhd.

What a PITA