Vst Audio Not Connected...

Well…I’m a newbie in the Nuendo world. First day.

I have been unable to get playback sound. The VST Audio System on the Device Setup page is listing my driver (Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver), but not connecting to it. I’m using the Benchmark DAC1-HDR for my audio monitoring. I have no sound card as of yet, because I have been mixing out of the box with a RADAR 24 through a digital mixer and into the Tascam DV-RA1000HD 2 track recorder. I just purchased Nuendo 5 and wanted to mix already recorded songs, and eventually get a RME Hammerfall DSP MADI card and a MADi card for the RADAR t incorporate with Nuendo.

Anyway, is there something stupid I’m missing to get sound into USB DAC Benchmark? I know it works, because I can work on my Sound Forge 10.0 and hear everything.

I will be very grateful for any illumination. I bow down to everyone’s Nuendo knowledge and hope I won’t be too much of a pain in the _____. I promise I will add better things to this forum discussion once I finish my steep learning curve.

Thank you.

Have you chosen the “correct” output settings in the VST connections panel?

Fredo

Fredo,

Thank you for your help. I have tried. But it wouldn’t let me choose the Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver. Saying it’s not connected.

Very frustrating. I don’t know what to do. I get sound out of every other program on my computer, but Nuendo. I’m sure it’s something dumb I’m missing, because no one hasn’t had this problem before, at least via this forum. I’ve searched.

Then, very probably, your soundcard does not support ASIO.
Can you select the “duplex Direct X driver”? (Out of memory, it has been ages since I had to change my ASIO)
And I even don’t know if that driver still is included.

Fredo

Install Asio4All.
Then select the asio4all driver on Nuendo devices.
That should solve your non asio-compliant driver trouble for the time being.

Bifop,

You have saved me! Yes!!! AsioAll was the fix!

Thank you Bifop and Fredo for your help. If either of you two are in San Diego, CA at anytime let me know. Drinks are on me!

Christopher Hoffee

I’m glad it worked out good for you. Welcome to Nuendo.
Greetings from Marseille.

PS : I gladly accept the offer for a glass, if I ever make it to San DIego.