(VST) Audio System: RedNet PCIe Freeze Cubase pro

Do so, thanks.

(Adding extra characters to comply to new forum rulezzzzzzz!!!(

A follow up.

This guy (Discussion here) indicated a memory problem, it seemed so far fetched, but as I had no more ideas I decided to test re configuring the memory settings in my AMD rig. It solved the problem. - Stumped

thanks for reporting back

Same issue but memory already appears to be on auto.
The issue has something to do with the driver screwing up memory allocation on systems with 32gb ram or more.
Removing ram down to 16gb works but isn’t an acceptable solution.

Well this showed up again for no apparent reason. I decided to buy a new machine, but same issue… now on a Ryzen7950x, 64 GB DDR5. Good stuff as it works, but this starts to get old.

Just found this in Focusrite homepage… I do have an AMD rigg… sight…

Focusrite RedNet PCIe/PCIeR Card - Compatibility Statement

2 months ago Updated 

In 2010 Focusrite partnered with Audinate to create the RedNet PCIe card, bringing high channel counts and low latency between Windows and Mac computers and Dante networks.

The card in question was built on Gen 1 PCIe technology. In the intervening decade there have been numerous updates to the PCIe spec, with the unfortunate result being that there’s an incompatibility with some modern motherboards that don’t seem to fully support older PCIe devices. This is a hardware-level incompatibility, there is no way to work around it in the associated firmware/driver.

With a view to being as transparent as possible, we can therefore confirm that we cannot support and do not recommend attempting to use RedNet PCIe/PCIeR on AMD Ryzen-based systems specifically.

We have previously stated this but also to confirm: RedNet PCIe and RedNet PCIeR will not be compatible with Apple Silicon systems (also known as "M1”, “M2” etc).

While we cannot comment on potential future product development, we are of course aware of the continued desire for high channel count, low-latency, Dante-based recording systems beyond the current projected lifetime of the RedNet PCIe/PCIeR card.

Its almost certainly the PCIeR driver. I haven’t read through the comments. Hopefully Im wrong, but I went through this for months before I gave up and built a new PC for the studio. The only difference is that we ran into it on Win10 and first encountered it with Nuendo.
The problematic system was with a:
MSi MPG x570 Gaming Plus
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
64GB RAM

I bugged both Audinate and Focusrite-Pro often enough that they eventually both put a team together to figure it out.
The conclusion they came to was that its a memory allocation issue.

Remove a stick of RAM and it should work fine for awhile. The issue will come back and adding or removing RAM will reset it everytime.
Messing with RAM became a daily event and we ended up building a new PC and its been fine ever since.

The PC now is:
ASUS ProArt X570
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
128GB RAM (64GB is made no difference)
Red Dragon 6800
Windows 10 Pro
We haven’t updated to Windows 11 and wont for awhile longer until its old enough that all the hardware and software at our studio has long since been confirmed to be stable.

I feel like a celebrity lol. This was my issue I had Audinate and Focusrite Pro working on for months trying a million different things and sending information between the 3 of us. I was “patient zero”, then I scoured the internet amd located 2 other users with the same issue and sent them links to prove I wasn’t the only one, so it was worth solving.

Audinate wrote the driver

Here we meet again. :frowning: Thought I was to risk it and updated to Windows 23H2. Worked perfect up until now. :frowning:

Installed 13 Pro today, tested, looked sweet, worked fine. Decided to update to latest windows build. :confounded:

No more PCIe, back to freezing Cubase. Sad it’s such a good solution as it is such a unreliable partner. Will se if I get it to work again

Current System

ProArt X670E-CREATOR
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
64 GB 5600 MHz x2 DIMM
RedNet PCIe

Every post in every forum I made posts about the PCIeR issue has popped up with new comments related to the issue returning with the new CPU socket.

The good news is that I’ve found a flawless solution. The bad news is that I changed PCIe cards.

The Marian Clara E PCIe isn’t much more than PCIeR but increased my channels from 128×128 to 512x512. It also uses a much more stable driver, which is a multi-ASIO driver.
The PCIeR has been retired to the mac-based Dolby RMU via a Sonnet chassis.

I know “spend over $1k on a new card” isn’t the solution you want, but the increased channel count has huge benefits. I send all 128 channels to the renderer and still have all of my AD-DA channels available for hybrid Atmos mastering. I also don’t need to use Dante Controller much anymore because I have enough IO in Nuendo to set and forget re-render channels from the RMU, 7.1.4 references, system audio, OBS (which I run on DVS on the same PC from Nuendo), its all there at all times. I love it. The only things they could improve are getting around to releasing the DSP mixer that was supposed to be released in a driver update in 2023 that I still haven’t seen and reworking the multiclient driver so that whatever is keeping me from using the Waves Soundgrid server allows me to use them together like the RME multiclient driver does. Other than that, its basically perfect.