VST Connect 5.5.40

Hello. I would like to share my experience with a recent upgrade from Cubase 11.0.41 build 448 - built on Sep 27 2021 to Cubase Pro 12.0.52 build 393 - built on Nov 24 2022. The issue is that I rely heavily on VST Connect Pro and recently upgraded it from VST Connect SE/Pro 5.0.20 to VST Connect SE/Pro 5.5.40 along with my clients. Connect Pro 5.5.40 did not enable HD file transfer or the ability to view any video on the studio side using Cubase Pro 12.0.52 build 393 - built on Nov 24 2022. However, the performer was able to view what the the studio engineer selected to view in Cubase Pro 12.0.52 with VST Connect SE/Pro 5.5.40.
The work around I came up with is to use Cubase 11.0.41 build 448 - built on Sep 27 2021 (the earlier version) and VST Connect SE/Pro 5.0.20 (the earlier version) only on the studio side. This enabled all features I relied on and I hope Steinberg will fix all of the bugs/compatibility issues in the latest versions so the end users can feel that updates will be more reliable in the future. If you have had similar issues, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I have been using VST Connect for almost a decade and may be able offer some support.
The good news is that my clients can use the latest version of VST Connect SE/Pro (5.5.40). I just have to use Cubase 11.0.41 and VST Connect SE/Pro 5.0.20 to get the HD files and two-way video (so make sure that you have deleted VST Connect SE/Pro 5.5.40 from your computer - restart, install VST Connect SE/Pro 5.0.20, restart, etc…)
I hope this helps at least one person because it took me hours to figure out (along with a very patient client).
Cheers. Music is everywhere - keep it alive!

Can you elaborate on that pls? What exactly does or does not happen?
Connected pro 5.5.40 with Cubase 12.0.52 w/o problems. Get HD works and Performer can hear/see all views as well as Studio can hear/see Performer. Windows 11.

I am glad to hear that you were able to use connect pro 5.5.40 with Cubase 12.0.52 and windows 11 w/o problems. And that the ‘get HD’ worked and the Performer could hear/see all views as well as the Studio could hear/see Performer.
My experience was the video window on the studio side was black regardless of any setting changes, but the performer was able to view the video as selected by the studio. I did verify the video device worked on other applications as a troubleshooting measure.
In addition to that, the get hd file feature did not function after recording the performer.
I have not used connect pro 5.5.40 with Cubase 12.0.52 while connected to a performer since January 7, as I have been using the previously described workaround. Perhaps the best way to demonstrate ‘exactly’ what happens would be screen shots/video of a session? I would be willing to schedule a performer session using the connect pro 5.5.40/Cubase 12.0.52 configuration and record it if it would serve to make the issues clearer along with any other technical information you might require.
I noticed you tested this configuration with windows 11. I am using windows 10 home edition, OS build 19044.2486 and version 21H2.
Thank you for your valuable support and I look forward to discovering a solution.

That should make no difference.
I have seen those black views, no need to show. The question is why it happens. It should at least show the logo.
As this usually doesn’t happen, it might be related to graphics environment. Even if it works with other software, there may be an issue. Any hint is helpful, multiple monitors, maybe try a different video output (if applicable), try other video sources, delete local settings (C:\Users(myname)\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\vstconnect.ini) etc.