VST Connect Client...simply not working

First off, I have Nuendo 6, I don’t have Cubase and I guess because of that I cannot post in the Cubase forum that has the VST Connect Thread… so I’m posting here.

I have now tried to install and run VST Connect Client on 3 different machines Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8 and MAC Mountain Lion, on the Win machines the app installed but crashes immediately on launch on MAC it won’t even install it immediately crashes…

Do I have the worst VST Connect Karma, am I doing something incredibly wrong or is there something completely wrong with this app???

What am I missing here?

I have posted the event log entry from windows before with no results, I’m trying again:

Faulting application name: VST Connect SE Performer.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x50c4a688
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16451, time stamp: 0x50988950
Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x00014b32
Faulting process id: 0x2064
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce26c2dd88bd12
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VST Connect SE Performer\VST Connect SE Performer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 1fb43b6c-92b6-11e2-be82-e922a6698f7f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Maybe you can find some useful information here: http://www.steinberg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=175&t=30782

Fredo

I checked that already but I never even get to that point since the application fatally crashed the moment I run it.
And I can’t post on there because…well, I don’t have permissions to post in the Cubase Forum

This barricade of Cubase forum is stupid IMHO …

Hi,

have you also tried the latest Version, i.e. VST Connect SE Performer 1.3?
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_nuendo_6.html

Regards

It seems that you tried it with version 1.1. Give version 1.3 a try and do not forget to enable the ports in your firewall/router.

I seem to be cursed,
I downloaded the latest and when I launch the package I get the following error:
The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1) Couldn’t open “VST_Connect_SE_Performer.pkg”

looks like I am finally in business… the download file does not have a .tar extension so chrome used the .pkg extension but asked me if I should change it to tar…being new to MAC (quite a learning curve over the ease of windows I must say)… so now it worked and the program launches… yippieh :slight_smile:

so while I got this thing working on the MAC, I still can’t get it to work on Windows 8

I ran the latest installer and am getting this error when trying to launch it:

Faulting application name: VST Connect SE Performer.exe, version: 1.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x513f674d
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc00001a5
Fault offset: 0x04eaefe8
Faulting process id: 0x14a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5f083180de95
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VST Connect SE Performer\VST Connect SE Performer.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 70cec7ed-cafb-11e2-be8f-819d2646c807
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Basically same as before…