VST Connect Performer crashes on start

(I tried posting this earlier today, not sure if I actually pressed submit because I can’t find my post anywhere)

I bought Cubase Pro specifically to use the VST Connect funcionality for a recording session with a client who normally comes to The Hague with hired vocalist but is in Berlin. Covid, you know the drill.

I installed Cubase Pro, looks good, I invested a day or two in getting to know the program (tutorials, the manuals, etc).

I installed VST Connect Performer on my laptop (Win10 Pro) and it crashes immediately after the warning about data over the internet. I can’t even click okay. Removed the program, downloaded a fresh installer and so on, same story. Tried installing without the ASIO driver, (I have an ASIO driver and device I intent to use), no change, except it tells me I should choose an audio device from the cogwheel.

Tried it on my wife’s laptop, same thing.

Any hints?

… can you give us some more hints? Have you installed the latest version? 4.0.45? Are crash logs available?
C:/Users/YourName/Documents/Steinberg/CrashDumps
Do you see files names VST Connect?

Thank you,
Michael.

Hi Michael, thank you for your response.

As it turns out, VST Performer flipped over a webcam driver ( lvcod64.dll )

Removing that from the system32 folder solved it.

is that installed by Adobe Premiere? Searching for “lvcod64.dll” indicates that - and that it appears to have issues.