VST Connect working well, but HD transfer is blank

Got VST Connect Pro figured out and working well with a remote musician today.
Could talk back and forth.
Session played and recorded in sync.
Was able to even do punches (with a strange, but not show stopping caveat)

However!!! when I press the ‘Get HD Files’ button, the transfer goes smooth and all the files in my session are replaced BUT…they are all blank!

We were so excited to have a Corona-solution, only to be tripped up at the finish line.

Anyone else getting VST Connect to work correctly?

Yes, I just did a session and was able to download the HD files by clicking the button. They now reside in the project’s Audio folder with names like Audio 01_11_(HD).wav, and they have the expected recordings in them. Sorry I can’t be of any help beyond saying “worked for me”

alright, well. Good to know that it works for some. We’ll keep trying to figure it out here.

Steve, what version of VST Connect are you having success with? Are you using the “Pre Release” 4.0.30?

4.0.40.180 from the link musicullum posted: VST Connect not connecting - #6 by musicullum - VST Connect - Steinberg Forums

Lemme know if you want to connect to troubleshoot. I’m just getting my head around all this, and the MTC control looks like enormous fun. More time spent using will only better my skill.

I have a Mac and PC, but I don’t have Logic on the Mac.

MTC is still a little broken though steve…?

(Not exactly clear what is meant by ‘current version’ - the 4.0.3.103 or the 4.0.40.180 - the latter is not an official release yet either, is it.? Still beta…? There’ll be another build that is the final, official release…?)

Am keeping an eye on all this, in these strange times… :wink:

… 4.0.40.180 is the upcoming official release version. It will be coming soon to the Steinberg and Support site. It is not so easy to get everything up and running in these times. That’s why we’ve decided to upload the installers to connectvst.com

See you,
Michael.

Got you. Understood. Thanks for responding and your attention on this release. :wink:

and thank you guys for making that happen! I did another session to day, and I’m using it for teaching my (violin) students online.

Hi steve, just pm’d you

Ended up trying it with 2 other musicians at 2 different studios. Same issue. Everything works fine till I hit the HD Transfer and then VST Connect replaces the compressed files in my session with blank audio.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ll hit you up sometime next week Steve.

You might not be doing anything wrong. Are you on 4.0.40.180? There is a new update coming very soon, like days, if what I heard is correct.

I wasn’t initially on 4.0.40.180, but after your post about it, dl’d it and tried with the same results.
What OS is your host (Cubase + VST Connect) computer rig?

Win10

I wonder if MacOS is the issue. I’ve tried all these configurations with the below mentions results with VST Connect 4.0.40.180:
Host=Cubase computer with VST Connect Pro
Slave=Remote computer with VST Connect Performer and Logic running video syncing from the MTC out from VST Connect Performer via IAC MIDI driver.

(Host- 2019 MacPro-Catalina) (Slave - 2014 Mac Mini-High Sierra)
-Connected and sync’d fine.
-Session and recording ran as expected, but when the get HD Audio button was pushed, files on host were replaced with blank audio
-MTC on Slave caused Logic (running video) to jam.

(Host- 2019 MacPro-Catalina) (Slave - 2015 MacBookPro-High Sierra)
-Session and recording ran as expected, but when the get HD Audio button was pushed, files on host were replaced with blank audio
-MTC on Slave caused Logic (running video) to jam.

(Host - 2019 MAcPro Catalina) (Slave - 2019 MacPro-Catalina)
-MTC on Slave synced to Logic as expected and transport was controlled, but Logic played 1.33.13.00 out of sync with Cubase session.

(Host - 2013 MacPro-Mojave) (Slave - 2019 MacPro-Catalina)
-MTC on Slave synced to Logic as expected and transport was controlled, but Logic played 1.33.13.00 out of sync with Cubase session.

As a side note, I tried opening VST Connect Performer on 3 different 2013 MacPros with Mojave. It crashes on open on every one. Seems like 4.0.40.180 does not like Mojave.

… did it simple crash away or did you get a crash log? I need this log file. Can you please send it to me? m.spork (at) steinberg.de

Thanx,
Michael.

emailed to you. Let me know what you find.

I keep getting incompatible version error message on all these new versions of VST connect with Cubase 10.5.12 and the only version that works for me is 3.0.40 from 2016. Is this a known problem or is 4.0.40 supposed to be working on this version of cubase??

4.0.40 is not the latest version

try the versions here

https://connectvst.com/

You need the same version ‘range’ on both sides. Not necessaryly exactly the same version (4.0.41 will work fine with 4.0.40 on the other side). The main version ‘jump’ to watch out for is 4.0.20 delivered with Cubase, this will not co-operate with the new 4.0.4x Performer.