VST Connect working well, but HD transfer is blank

I don’t think the version with that fix has been released yet …I’m optimistic you’ll see it soon though.

I got the same issue. Everything is recorded fine, waveforms on the tracks are as expected, hit the get HD files will replace the original mono files with empty stereo files.

Make sure to have the 4.0.42 version or higher. It should fix an issue with Project Settings/Start Offset (Cubase or Nuendo). Or, set that offset to zero until you have the fix.

still the same here, latest version of connect both sides:

ok, but…do you have Start Offset other than zero in Project Settings?

This is my setup

ok…just a wild guess, set record format to wav instead aif, better?

Hi thanks for answer. I tried .wav and others, different bit rates on off cams and more but unfortunally still the same result.

Get hd files can not be used on my system at this time.

So the question: if let the performer send the files to me via dropbox etc, do i need to place them all manually into the right place in the projects?

Apart from this MAJOR bug, vst connect seems to work as intended

That’s truly weird, we have to resolve this.
Could you send me the Cubase project (no audio files etc, just the cpr file) and if possible a file on the Performer side, which should be in a folder of the same name of the Cubase project, named “performerProjectXXX.xml” (where XXX is substitute for a bunch of numbers).
If you have the Performer send that folder to you, you can use “Get Local files” just like “Get HD files”. Do not log in, just start VST Connect and use that function, pointing to said folder. I doubt that it works differently, because from your video, it looks like the actual function is working.
So if you can, try that first and let us know how it turns out. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sure, happy to help, and this is interresting. I realise that the problem can be that I am using high sierra with cubase 10.0.6 which is suppsed to not be supported, I tried to downgrade to vst connect 4.0.20 but had the same issues there. Vst connect works as expected appart from the Get HD problem. PM sendt.

OK, I have done some serious testing all over a project that has vst connect pro, and found this possible solution, (works for me now).

The problem with a zeroed out waveform, no sound after using the get HD files is caused by the retrospective recording setting in cubase prefs. If I set Audio Pre-record Seconds to 0.00 I DO GET the HD audiofiles into the project as intended.

Maybe if you guys check into this , we might have an answer to the problem.

Thanks, would never have expected that but you never know. We’ll certainly look into it, thank you so much for figuring it out.

I’ve just had the same - worked all afternoon and mostly blank HD files, all but a few.

Painstakingly dragged them from a Dropbox that the artist uploaded for me.

Wish I hadn’t have bought the Pro version now.

Unrewarding.

You don’t have to do that. Did you try the ‘Get Local Files’ option? It would import all the session files into sync position in your DAW.

I didn’t, but will do now - thank you for that.