vst connection undo?

M-AUDIO 2x2, Cubase ai le elements 9

I have never successfully used this software. I am new to recording in general, much less this complicated software.

I have selected the checkbox to “always use” my lap top external speakers in vst connections for monitoring because I didn’t yet have headphones and now I do have headphones. is there no way to change this setting? there is no M-AUDIO in the list now, just my external speakers. I am rather frustrated so any help would be greatly appreciated. :blush:

Hi and welcome,

In Devices > Device Setup > VST Audio System, select M-Audio as an ASIO driver. Then you can set M-Audio buses.

Hey Martin I have a similar question!
I have been using Cubase LE also and the M-Audio M-Track 2x2 on mac os X El Capitan, I have had consistent issues with the software recognizing the interface. For a while I was getting digital distortion and playback, although it wasn’t actually present on the track, I could go into device set-up and disconnect and reconnect and it would disappear for a time, (it always seems to come back at some point) but lately the whole interface has disappeared as a connection option. I purchased new USB cables to try that, I’ve tried multiple USB ports, I’ve shutdown and restarted the software and computer multiple times, to no avail. If you have any suggestions, I’d be very grateful!

Hi and welcome,

Is your M-Audio visible for the system? Can you see the device on the system level (System Preferences > Sounds > Output)?

Do you have the latest driver installed?