VST instrument Routing issue after reinstall :(

(OS: Windows 10 Pro / Version: Cubase 8.5 Pro / VST Instrument: Superior Drummer 2.0 - version 2.4.4)

I’m new to the forums and I am not sure If this is the appropriate place to ask this, but I can’t figure out how I am supposed to do what this message is asking. This only has happened since I reinstalled windows 10 and Cubase 8.5 pro. I thought I had backed up all the appropriate files and added them back into the fresh install.

Message upon loading usual template or session:

This mixer configuration expected “Superior Drummer” to have Output 1: Stereo, Output 2: Stereo, Output 3: Stereo, Output 4: Stereo, Output 5: Stereo, Output 6: Stereo, Output 7: Stereo, Output 8: Stereo, Output 9: Stereo, Output 10: Stereo, Output 11: Stereo, Output 12: Stereo, Output 13: Stereo, Output 14: Stereo, Output 15: Stereo, Output 16: Stereo, Output 17: Mono, Output 18: Mono, Output 19: Mono, Output 20: Mono, Output 21: Mono, Output 22: Mono, Output 23: Mono, Output 24: Mono, Output 25: Mono, Output 26: Mono, Output 27: Mono, Output 28: Mono, Output 29: Mono, Output 30: Mono,
→ The instrument currently has Output 1: Stereo, Output 2: Stereo, Output 3: Stereo, Output 4: Stereo, Output 5: Stereo, Output 6: Stereo, Output 7: Stereo, Output 8: Stereo, Output 9: Stereo, Output 10: Stereo, Output 11: Stereo, Output 12: Stereo, Output 13: Stereo, Output 14: Stereo, Output 15: Stereo, Output 16: Stereo,

→ Change the instrument configuration before reloading this setup without saving the project.
→ Non-matching mixer channels will be removed!

Then it looks like my normal tracks and routing are disabled but I can’t enable them. Also the tracks that aren’t disabled haven’t retained their names and are just s1/2 through s31/32.

This is just in relation to my drum mix that is multi-channel out from the Superior Drummer 2 software into Cubase and mixed in the DAW. This obviously has to do with me re-installing. I haven’t changed my Virtual Instrument preset… settings or routing from inside :expressionless:

Has anyone experienced this… or know how I can get my mix working again?
I don’t reinstall my OS that much so I haven’t run into this problem before.
Session files and templates with this setup, all have this same issue.

I am guessing I am overlooking something quite simple…

Looks like this when loaded up:

*I can post before and after shots of the mix console in a functioning session, as well as how it is loading now, if that would show more clearly what the problem is. Then again you probably just needed the error message.

Sorry, I don’t have Superior Drummer, but the error message suggests you’ll need to set things up inside Superior Drummer, so it has 16 stereo outputs.

I’m guessing that you also re-installed Superior Drummer and in that process it probably lost its prior configuration and reinstalled with the factory default (stereo output, rather than multi out).

So if you don’t get an answer here, this maybe a question more readily answered in a Superior Drummer community, rather than the Cubase community.

Or maybe you can find a user manual page or a YouTube video showing you how to set up Multi Output in Superior Drummer.

Not sure, if this video maybe sheds light on your situation:

Thanks for the reply Nico,

I have the multi channel out set as I use the program a lot. I kept my old preset files etc. It does seem to be a problem with superior drummer though. It wants some of those stereo outs to be dual mono and such how I had it routed…Unfortunately I couldn’t post more than one screenshot as I am new to the board though. I noticed the panning was off as well for no real reason. I have also made a forum post on the toontrack site so I’ll see if anyone has run into this problem before.

Cheers
Rowan

1 Like