VST Instrument Support in Dorico?

Hello - new user of Dorico and am very impressed with the product!

I have a question around VST intstrument support, it appears some of my instruments are not showing, specifically looking for IK Multimedia TONEX / Amplitube for guitar playback and they aren’t appearing as an option. Other IK Multimedia instruments are showing however so unclear what could be causing these two not to display. I’m running an M1 Mac and have tried both rosetta and native mode, both explicitly allowing the vst2 plugin (even though they both have vst3) in rosetta. None of my configurations have worked.

Is it fair to assume that not all vst instruments are available for playback and if so what would be the requirements a software instrument might need to meet in order to be supported for playback in Dorico?

Welcome to the forum @slartyb.
Could be that they got blacklisted because our sentinel found a problem with them. Could you please do from Dorico’s menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and post the corresponding zip file here? Thanks

Thanks for the speedy reply! Can find attached.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (2.2 MB)

The IK Multimedias are not on the blacklist and the TONEX does get recognized according to the logs:
2023-01-07 19:16:26 : Name : TONEX
2023-01-07 19:16:26 : Vendor : IK Multimedia
2023-01-07 19:16:26 : Categ. : Fx|Distortion
2023-01-07 19:16:26 : Vers. : 1.0.4
2023-01-07 19:16:26 : SDK : VST 3.6.13

However, as you can see, it is an effect plug-in, not an instrument.

Doh that would make sense! I forgot the library is only an amp effects processor not a virtual instrument. Thanks so much for clarifying.

No worries, you are more than welcome.