VST Live 1.1.51 Pre-Release

Hi,

let’s continue with our Pre-Release series.

This time we release version 1.1.51 and you can download it here . You also can find a Version History there. If you found new bugs or bugs which are not fixed, please create a new thread and title it with [1.1.51].

Thank you very much,
Michael.

1 Like

Crash when starting with this version. MacOs big sur
VST Live error.rtf.zip (38.4 KB)

Hi,

oh, I am sorry. Do you have installed “HALion Sonic SE” from the “Steinberg Download Assistant”. Please install it. If not, please check if the following file is available:

/Users/your_username/Documents/VSTLive/templates/vlLayerTemplate.vllayer

Please share it with us and delete it. Then you should able to run VST Live.

Yes?
Michael.

Thanks- I just deleted the file and it opens correctly-
vlLayerTemplate.vllayer.zip (901 Bytes)

Crashes every time I try to start it
Hallion was never installed on my system

Hi @AntonVorozhtsov,

I am sorry. We already have fixed it. But can you also please share the
/Users/your_username/Documents/VSTLive/templates/vlLayerTemplate.vllayer
file with us?
And please install the free “HALion Sonic SE” Instrument from the Steinberg Download Assistant. You can find in in the VST LIve category.

/Michael.

But I don’t need it, is there a way not to use it?

vlLayerTemplate.vllayer.zip (94.3 KB)

1.1.51 Pre-Release runs on my system!
Lenovo ThinkPad P15s Gen2i, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz, 48 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro, V22H2 and I also have installed Cubase 11 Pro, WaveLab 11 Pro, Spectra Layers 9, Dorico 4.3.201130 and a lot of VST-Plugins. I can work with my projects.

It is pre-installed with VST Live, and the initial default Layer refers to it, so that new users hear something and have a powerful sampler/synth right at hand. It should certainly run without it, but given that it doesn’t require many resources, it is probably safer to have it, as the app may expect it (even if it shouldn’t). You can save a default Layer with your favourite instrument, so it shouldn’t get in the way. Just an advice, not a prerequisite.

… yes, VL should be able to run without its default Instrument HALion Sonic SE. And you, @AntonVorozhtsov, run into crash when HSSE is not available. Thank you very much for pointing that one to us. We have fixed it not and a default VL installation without HSSE will work. But please install HSSE to get VL up and running now. Okay?

/Michael.

1 Like

Just learned that that‘s not quite true, so apologies. And of course it must work without it, fixed with the next version.

Installed Hallion, and it still crashes
All previous version (I was on 1.0.41 before updating to 1.0.51) were working without Hallion

… did you installed “HALion Sonic SE”?

/Michael.

@Spork

Yes, SE from C12 bundle

… I am not sure if that version is enough. Let me verify it. Could you please give me two files :
A : /Users/your_username/Documents/VSTLive/templates/vlLayerTemplate.vllayer
B (windows) : C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VST Live_64/Vst3Plugins.xml
B (mac) : /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/VST Live/Vst3Plugins.xml

Thank you,
Michael.

vlLayerTemplate.vllayer.zip (94.4 KB)
Can’t find the second one

Hi @AntonVorozhtsov,

can you please start the “Steinberg Download Assistant”, select the “VST Live” category and install the “HALion Sonic SE 3.5.10 - Instrument”? Can you now start VST Live?

/Michae.

Now it starts, thank you
But, again, it was working before

I had the same crash referenced above. One interesting thing is that I have a full HALion Sonic 7.0.0 license. Installing just this did not fix the crash. I’ve since installed HALion Sonic SE 3.5.10 and VSTLive not starts correctly. I’ve attached a copy of my vlLayerTemplate.vllayer file as well as the dump from the crash. Hope this helps.
-eric
Archive.zip (107.1 KB)

Yes, the bug is that it expects Halion SE as delivered with the product to be installed, so Halion 7 won’t help.