VST PATHS

Hi. I am using Cubase 6.5 (can’t afford to update yet) on a Windows 7 PC. I accidentally added my Program Files folder as a vst2 path, and now Cubase won’t open as it crashes while trying to add everything. I have contacted Yamaha a couple of times, but I think they’re having staffing issues due to the pandemic. :confused:

Is there a file I can change somewhere in my PC that will allow me to delete just that entry (or all of them, it’s not a big deal)? I REALLY appreciate any help that comes my way. :blush:

Thank you.

It’s been a long time since I’ve had 6.5 installed, but I think the User Settings Data Folder should be in the same location as it is now.

Local Disk (C:) → Users → (your user name) → AppData → Roaming → Steinberg → (your Cubase version)

If I remember correctly, this might be a “hidden” folder which you need to make visable.

You could try to delete (or move, to be safe) the file named “Vst2xPlugin SearchPaths Cubase”. At least that is what it is called in my 10.5 folder. Just a guess, but it seems like that should do it. The default file should be created in it’s place the next time you launch Cubase. If that doesn’t work, you could try to delete (or move) the entire Cubase 6.5 folder. This will rebuild all preferences at next start.

Thanks a lot! The file was named something different, but I deleted it and it worked. I very much appreciate your help.

You’re welcome. I’m happy it worked for you.

:slight_smile: