VST Performer VST2 & 3 Scan fails (only one pluggin shows up)

I’m using an M1 Macbook Air on Big Sur, latest VST Performer. the instance of VST Performer on my other mac scans fine. just can’t get it to work on the air. any thoughts, anything I can try?

L

Hi,

VST Connect Performer (5.5.40) runs per default native on M1 machine. VST2 is not supported anymore and your VST3 Plug-Ins need to support M1 native, too. Maybe you want to run the Performer in Rosetta mode? Locate the Performer app in your Applications folder, open the Info-Dialog (Right-Click) and tick “Open using Rosetta”.

See you,
Michael

Hi, thanks for the reply,

What you say would make sense if all vst2 plugs didn’t work on VST Connect Performer 5.5.40, but a couple show up and pass (in both vst2 and vst3) the one’s that are failing are the most recent Native Instruments effect suite, and are fine in every other software running them.
I guess I’m just confused as to why some pass and others don’t.

L

Hi,

please locate the following files …

• /Users/YourUsername/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/VST Connect Performer/Vst2Plugins.xml
  • /Users/YourUsername/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/VST Connect Performer/Vst3Plugins.xml
    … and delete them. Now start the Performer app. All Plug-Ins will be rescanned.

Everything is back working?
Michael.