VST plugins not matching my VST designations

Hi everyone, to summarize my problem better, here’s a screenshot.

I’m not sure why my 10th vst instrument is reverting to LABS instead of the Equator that I assigned to it. This is messing up playback. Any thoughts?

To be honest, I have no idea. Is it always reverting to LABS? What if you assign Kontakt or other plug to that slot, does that not revert?
And please do Help > Create Diagnostics Report and attach the corresponding zip file here. Thanks

Is this an Dorico project from an earlier version of Dorico (eg version 1 or 2?). In some old projects the slot number in the Dorico rack doesn’t match the slot number in the audio engine (the reason is that very old Dorico projects didn’t have an instrument assigned for the metronome, but from version 2 the click was loaded into the first slot, which is hidden in the rack). So it might just be that all the numbers are off by one. I think you may need to reset the playback template (Play > Playback Template, and choose any in there) and then re-load your plugins.

If you have your preferred plugins that you like to use then have a look at the custom playback templates feature so that you can just setup your plugins once and then apply that configuration to other projects: Custom Playback Templates | New Features in Dorico 3 - YouTube

Thank you, I reset my vst, and it’s working now. I was able to finish my project.

However, extra slots still appear in the mixer. Here’s what it looks like. To me, it feels like an error.

1. I am not using Halion at all, but it’s loading up regardless.

2. Here’s a view of the mixer, and a series of error looking channels.

3. Also, what are these numerous St. channels? It certainly looks like a bug.

So, all in all, I feel that maybe the rack is a problem. I just don’t know how to fix it. Any clues would be great! Thank you.
    This problem did propagate to other projects I have, so it is not project specific.

Could you please post one of your projects here? Or if you don’t want to do it publicly, please send to ‘u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de’, full confidentiality guaranteed from my side. Thanks

One more thing, if you click on the HALion Sonic SE item in the list of instruments and then on the trash can in the right bottom, does it not go away? And in the mixer, do the channels disappear then as well?