VST Plugins suddenly don't work anymore

Hi Martin, I’m not sure if you have seen my replies so just giving a gentle nudge here :wink:

For information, I have upgraded to 11.0.40 this evening and I get exactly the same thing happening so I am still unable to use Cubase and have not been able to use it for over 3 weeks now with deadlines for submissions I am working on looming ever closer.

Any help will be hugely appreciated.
Thank you
Simon

Hi Simon,

Sorry for my delay.

I had a look to the DMP files. One crash was in Groove Agent, the other one was related to the eLCC. Actually, seeing this, the Groove Agent crash could be also related to the eLCC.

How old is your USB-eLicenser, please? Is it plugged to USB2 or USB3 port? Is your eLCC application up to date? Did you install it as administrator? Does the Maintenance task shows OK results?

Hi Martin, thanks for getting back to me.

Hopefully by breaking your questions down with the specific answer after each point this may help…worth noting that when I uninstalled 11 and reinstalled 10 Pro I can run Cubase (although I did get a Groove Agent error on a couple of sounds but everything else was fine)

How old is your USB-eLicenser, please? March 2020
Is it plugged to USB2 or USB3 port? USB2
Is your eLCC application up to date? Yes, I regular update it and current version is 6.12.7.1295
Did you install it as administrator? Yes
Does the Maintenance task shows OK results? Yes

Cheers
Simon

Hi,

Then everything is ideal from this point of view.

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Hi Martin,

I’ve archived the old files and uploaded the new DMP with me starting in Safe Mode - I get the same thing, program stops loading shortly after it tries to initialise VST 2.x Plug-in manager

Cheers
Simon