VST plugs in that don't show up in the DAW

Hi peeps.

I downloaded 2 plug ins (legit and bought), drag and drop them properly in the right folder (VST 3 in the Library). They don’t show up in Cubase (10.5), looked at the black list , refresh…and not showed.

Any clue ?

Those plugs in are from Irish Act Studio and Audio Animals

Thanks in advance.

They don’t have proper installers? Hmmm, okay …

I’m not quite sure what you mean with this. Windows or Mac (should I really need to ask this)?

For Windows, the normal VST3 Plug-in folder would be Program Files → Common Files → VST3.

Are you absolutely sure they are VST3 Plug-in Files?

You’re welcome in advance.

Yeah, I’ve had plenty of VST2 plugins that you just drop into the plugin folder, but now that you mention it, I can’t remember a single VST3 plugin that was able to be installed that way. Does anyone know for sure if that’s possible? Are registry entries created for VST3 files?

I haven’t used any sketchy plugins that don’t have installers in years. I know what you are talking about, though. In my early experimental days I installed a few freebies that you would just place into whatever folder you wished. Those days are long gone, though, and I’ve narrowed things down at this point to what I really need. I try not to use anything that isn’t VST3 at this point, Toontrack’s Superior Drummer 3 being the main exception. I still can’t believe that after such a long wait it wasn’t released as VST3 … grrrrr. I still love it, though!

Anyway, to answer your question, I can’t answer your question … :laughing:

Yeah, but there are a couple good ones that still do: HoRNet plugins is one that comes to mind.

I’m not a boss concerning plug ins caracteristics lol
Indeed both don’t have installers.

Maybe they are not VST 3 plug ins I’ll try to put them into another VST folder or perhaps Components ?

I’ll let you know.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Best

Henri