VST Pro V5 Crashing upon opening

good afternoon, folks

Hoping someone can help. I just upgraded VST Pro 4 to V5. I have used V4 for some time with no issues. After the upgrade I seem to be able to open Performer, log in, and move about, but after a bit it crashes and I get an error that something ended unexpectedly and it wants me to send the report to Apple. When I launch Pro from a project it tries to start up then crashes everything, project and all.

I am using Cubase Pro 10.5 and the latest VST Pro 5.1
I have a Macbook Pro Catalina 10.15.6

Has anyone else had issues like this?

By the way, I’m sorry to the folks in the post in which I first asked this…I screwed it up and went onto someone else’s thread and asked this question. Still learning…I’ll get better at this! :slight_smile:

Team, i figured out my issue. When I learned (trial and error) that I could get VST connect to work in SE but not Pro I checked my license Key and I had not registered the upgrade. When I activated the new access code everything worked fine. This was dork 101 stuff. Hopefully my goof might help someone else.

:frowning:

… oh :frowning: Sorry, we’ll check that and fix it. Thank you very much for your info,
Michael

Hi,

… the Performer crashed? Can you please look to the following location and see if crash-files were saved?
/Users/YourUserName/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/
You should find files like “VSTConnectPerformer…crash”

I’ve tried everything I know, but I was not able to reproduce the problem. Sorry. How you do launch Pro? Maybe you can find crash logs from Cubase, too? The files are called “Cubase …crash”

Thank you,
Michael.