VST settings resets in Cubase 6

Hi

I’m trying to open a Cubase 5 project in Cubase 6 and everything seems fine at first but when I open the vst plugins that have been added in Cubase 5 as inserts on various tracks all the settings are lost/reset. How do I open a Cubase 5 project in Cubase 6 without losing all the settings added to each plugin by the user?

Help!

No suggestions?

somebody please help!

Can you be more specific please. Which plug-ins? Which settings are lost. Are those VST plug-ins installed and working otherwise in Cubase 6? More information needed.
Sincerely,
J.L.

Thank you for your reply

It’s on all the vst plugins like reverbs, eqs, delay etc. and it’s not a particular plugin or from a particular vendor it’s all of them… They load up but without the settings I’ve added… they show up like I just opened them…

Don’t know what else to say… it’s like cubase six can’t read the settings added in cubase 5

A couple of ideas to try to identify the problem…
Can you still open those projects in C5 properly?
Create a new C6 project with similar plug-ins and settings then save it and see if it re-opens properly.
Hopefully, we can determine if there is something wrong with the project file or your C6.
HTH
J.L.

I did that and if I create it and save it in Cubase 6 no problem everything works… and the Cubase 5 projects works fine in Cubase 5… so it’s only when it’s Cubaes 5 projects in Cubase 6 there is a problem

Somebody Help :slight_smile:

The only ideas I have are to try “backing up” the projects to hopefully remove any corruption.
But if it is on several projects, try to identify a common plug-in that could be causing a problem in C6. Then hide that plug-in from Cubase and try opening the projects.
It sounds like either corrupted projects or a problem plug-in. Other than that, I don’t have any other ideas.
HTH
J.L.

I figured it out… Guess I should have mentioned that I’m running cubase 6 64bit and the Cubase 5 was 32bit.

It’s the plugins that are running as VST3 32bit in Cubase 5 that comes up with no stored settings in Cubase 6 64bit because I can’t get the vst3 32bit plugins to run as vst3 in Cubase 6 64bit.

Neither steinbergs vstbridge or jbridge seems to be able to handle vst3. Is it somehow possible to run 32bit vst3 plugins in Cubase 6 64bit??