VST Sound Collection Vol. 1 with Cubase 7

Should I install the VST Sound Collection Vol. 1 after installing Cubase 7?

The VST Sound Collection Vol. 1 contains:

1. “Steinberg_Drum_Loop_Expansion_01” (which is already installed with Cubase 7)
  2. “Steinberg_HALionOne_Additional_Content_Set_01”

Should I go ahead and install “Steinberg_HALionOne_Additional_Content_Set_01”?

Cubase 7 only has HALion Sonic. Is the “Steinberg_HALionOne_Additional_Content_Set_01” compatible with HALion Sonic and Cubase 7?

IMHO yes. I would. If it does not work you can remove it.

Cubase 7 only has HALion Sonic.

Not quite.

‘Halion Sonic’ is a separate product.

C7 comes with a special version of Halion Sonic ‘SE’.

C6 also came with HSSE but the C7 version has
even more stuff with which to muck.

HTH (hope this helps)
{‘-’}

Is Cubase 7 designed to work with “Steinberg_HALionOne_Additional_Content_Set_01”?

From the VST Sound Collection Vol. 1, why did Steinberg include “Steinberg_Drum_Loop_Expansion_01” in Cubase 7 but not “Steinberg_HALionOne_Additional_Content_Set_01”? Why include one but not the other?

If I install “Steinberg_HALionOne_Additional_Content_Set_01”, will it work straight away with Halion Sonic SE or will I have to do some configuring to get Halion Sonic SE to access the sounds?

I wonder if the “Steinberg_HALionOne_Additional_Content_Set_01” will have some of the same sounds that come with the Halion Sonic SE content, just repackaged?

:question:

Hi.

HALion One came with Cubase 5. It’s the predecessor of Halion Sonic SE. So if you don’t have Halion One you wont need the files. Besides, all the sounds should be should be included with Halion Sonic SE.

Kris.