VST sound disappeared after crash.

Not sure if this belongs here or in the AI forum. Posted in AI/LE forum last night and realized that maybe it could be posted here since it also says Elements 6.

So I am using Cubase LE AI Elements 6 which I got when I bought Zoom H6.

Basically I set up everything, recorded some keyboards (VST track, used my own keyboard via midi). Then I wanted to record vocals and everything worked well. The program was crashing several times. Eventually the program crashed and closed down and there was no sound from VST instruments anymore. And the click is also not there. The settings are the same, the software, drivers etc. updates are up to date. I installed the ASIO driver one more time just in case, nothing changed. I also have no other windows open either, not even a browser. I can hear music etc. on other sites, programs as I also have checked and also through Zoom.

I also got some strange error messages about the VST presets not being able to load. I clicked on “do not ask again” and then closed the window and the instruments seemed to work. The error was: "VST Sound Library “Halion Sonic SE Artist Instrument Factory Presets 01 not found”. Meanwhile, I can record an audio track - that works just fine!

Has anyone seen something like this? I googled with little results. I am on the brink of ditching the whole thing.

Thanks.

P.S. Meanwhile since last night I have read even more and checked my system, the VST folders, everything seems okay. I am going crazy because I wanted to get over with this project this weekend. :frowning: