"VST Sound library "VST3 Presets for Flux" not found"

Hello, every time I open cubase I get the following error message

“VST Sound library “VST3 Presets for Flux” not found:
/Users/nicos/Downloads/Steinberg/OSX/HALion Sonic SE 3 - Content (recommended)/FCP_SMT_232_HSSE_Flux_Presets.vstsound”

and indeed the FLUX library does not appear.

Maybe this won’t help, but I hope it will… It looks a lot as the issue I stumbled on, recently :

.vstsound file missing : a little (real-life) tale, with what could be a “how to ?” procedure… - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

EDIT - Beside this, the path shown in your error message might be a cause of it : no .vstsound file should be installed in a …\Downloads location…

Please download and install the Halion Sonic SE 3 content by clicking the icon for your version of Cubase in the Steinberg Download Assistant.

Hi. If the file actually exists where Cubase says it cannot be found, then this is a Windows file permissions issue. Fixing the permissions fixed it for me. There are a few ways to do this but this might be the most straightforward method (you will need administrative privileges to do this):

1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content. ProgramData is a hidden folder, so the easiest way to get there is go to Start > Run and paste in C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content
  2. Right click on VST Sound, then select Properties.
  3. Go to the Security tab, then select Advanced button at the bottom right.
  4. If you see a “Change Permissions” button, click on it then click Yes or Okay on any new permission windows.
  5. At the bottom left, check “Replace all child object permissions entries with inheritable permission entries from this object” then click on OK. This will force all files and folders inside VST Sound to have the same permissions as VST Sound itself.
  6. Relaunch Cubase or start a scan and Cubase should find the file without issue.

This method assumes the permissions are correct on the C:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound folder, but just couple files inside of it have wrong permissions, as was the case on my system. By forcing VST Sound permissions to replace everything in it, you will have repaired the file that Cubase couldn’t read because of bad permissions.