VST System Link

This may be a silly question, but I don’t see it addressed anywhere.

When you do a system link, do you need two dongles? - or licenses?


It is adressed in the Cubase manual, in its own chapter. You need two Systemlink capable hosts.

Yes you need two licenses, two dongles and two audio interfaces and cables in-between them, and perhaps a mixer, depending on what you want to do. You should check out VEPro and see if that is a better solution for you.

You use VST link either to expand your system (memory or number of tracks), or to run software on the slave computer that won´t run on the master computer. Last one is achieved by running different versions of Cubase on your computers.