VST system link ?

I hear what you say KZ but, for instance, I have Miroslav Philharminik which has been on countless movie soundtracks and you just can not tell that it’s not a real orchestra…(and my computer deals with it easily) so for me that’s the end of the road, don’t need anything else, I know it’s also a question of taste and I am in no way criticizing anyone with a different orchestral vst, but I’m happy with a world famous orchestra recorded in a world famous classical venue ( Dvorak Hall in Prague ) I believe we’ve reached the stage where we need no more gear to make music, I certainly will not be upgrading anything more from now because with the gear I’ve got ( now that it’s working properly ) I need nothing else…nice to know I will not be spending more money other than maybe maintenance now and again, best to you KZ and keep on keepin on…Kevin

Anyone know if there is anywhere to get hold of VStack any longer…? I have an old machine (with compatible audio card) spare that this (via System Link) would be perfect to make use of, extending its life.

Though, last time I looked System Link seemed overly complicated to get set up correctly and took out your digital ports of course (I occasionally have access to an SSL Alpha Channel when tracking vox and use the digital out on that to sync and record. Ok, so a bit of re-plumbing whilst tracking I can deal with…!).

And the whole ‘separate licence required’ thing - maybe I’ve got that wrong. Didn’t VStack recognise the validity of the host on the primary machine, which enabled it to run on the second machine…!? :confused:

Don’t suppose there’s ever a chance of a VST3 version being released; ah well, in the meantime, who doesn’t like the idea of this running your VSTi’s on a spare machine…?

I’ll dream on…!

Bob

Thanks for your thoughts Steve…

I do have another edition/version of Cubase available on a separate machine, but you need to have a dongle plugged in to get it to run…

I will drop a line to SB to see what they say about System Link compatibility… I’ll also ask about V-Stack availability.

Bob

…and now much, much later…Wondering what Puma has ended up doing? :bulb:

Found this post while researching by google :smiley:

And another option besides VST System Link, which works great … is using say, a Motu midi Time Machine to sync up machines.