vst, vst2, vst3 JABB3

VSTAudioEngine3_crash_in_garritan.zip (22.9 KB)
Hi Rinaldo, thanks for the data, and as expected, there are plenty of crash logs in the diagnostics. And they are always the same, it’s a crash in Garritan’s Convolution Reverb. I’ve attached one of the crash logs (as they all look same), please send it to Garritan to let them know and fix the issue. In the meantime, I propose you stay away from it and not use their convolution reverb anymore. Operation then shall be stable again. But let us know if you have issues again.

Use it? I never heard of it!

Seriously, as I have not been able to load ARIA player into Dorico at all, how can I “not use” one element in it? Is Convolution Reverb something I can set in the standalone ARIA app? Otherwise I don’t see a way to avoid it.

The main reason I wanted to use GPO is for the nice harp sound, which I hope is somehow separate from this phenomenon.

In any case I’ll forward the log to Garritan as you say. Thanks for everything.

I don’ t know, I don’t use ARIA, but that is the chain then: Dorico’s engine loads ARIA and ARIA in turn tries to load the Garritan Convolution reverb and that then brings down everything. I don’t know, does ARIA have some defaults that you could overwrite in order that it does not load the convolution reverb automatically? Probably a question that you could pose the guys at ARIA/Garritan.

News flash! I just downloaded the newest version of ARIA player (I thought I had already, but this was a last-ditch effort), relaunched Dorico, and now I can load ARIA Player VST! So whatever I changed, it seems to be working now just as it’s supposed to.

(In my defense, I had re-downloaded both Garritan libraries yesterday to get a fresh install, and I think I had a right to assume that the version of ARIA Player included with them was the most up-to-date. But it wasn’t.)

Isn’t that always the way? I find a simple solution AFTER bothering other people. Many thanks (mixed with apologies for the bother), Ulf.

No worries, we are glad to help in any case.