VST whitelist and default.xml

Well, yes and no.

If you had Dorico already running before and then edit the whitelist properly, still that instrument would not turn up during the next Dorico run, because it was already marked as “0” in the default.xml. Therefore you have to also edit that file.

But…to make things easier, you could also edit your whitelist, delete that default.xml completely and then run Dorico again. Then the audio engine will regenerate that default.xml and set the instrument automatically to “1” (because you have just whitelisted it before).

I will make that remark also in the FAQ, as it probably makes life easier for people.

OK, so the unique GUIDS are still required internally, we’re just not required to add them to the whitelist, but can use zeros instead. I got confused because I recently whitelisted a VST with just zeros and didn’t touch the Defaults.xml file, and the VST appeared in Dorico… I now see that its unique GUID is actually in the defaults file with a value of 1… so it must have been entered at the factory :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help, Ulf - Once I changed the name in the whitelist to “Play”, it now shows up in Dorico.
Appreciate your persistence in helping me.

• Ron

Ron, you’re welcome. I’m glad it’s solved now :slight_smile: