VST2.4 plugins not showing in Cubase 10.5

Does anyone know why VST 2.4 plugins are not showing on Cubase 10.5 on Windows 10 for example all plugin alliance plugins showing only as VST 3 and older projects that used VST 2.4 plugins are saying that the plugins are not installed and i have installed both VST3 and VST2.4
Anyone had this problem before?

Yes, I’ve been getting the same thing. I don’t know how to solve it except install only the VST2.4 versions. I wish VST3 wasn’t so much trouble!

It would be nice if Steinberg would address this.

That is how it is supposed to work, vst3 is preferred over vst2.
Also if the developer has used the same ID or not to differentiate the “flavors”

So how come on Mac OSX reads them both and on Windows in doesn’t this really is not making any sense to me.

I think this is on the developer’s side. U-he shows both VST3 and 2.4 for both synths and effects on Windows. Waves do not

You are correct i just saw Vengeance Audio plugins also show as VST3 and VST2.4 i have opened a ticket with Plugin Alliance let’s see what their answer will be i will write here how this ended up maybe it will help somebody else who has this problem

As said if the plugin uses the same ID then only the vst3 version will show. It is not a bug it is how Steinberg handles plugins.
If the ID of the plugins are different they are recognized as different plugins.
It can course problems in any case as you have discovered.
I would spend my energy, trying to disable unwanted plugins and/or saving presets and load them up in the other flavor of the plugin. I would try to get everything running vst3, that of cause is not always possible as some vst3 versions may be buggy.
Best of luck getting it sorted.