VST3 only?

Sorry I’m not sure where that is? Could you post the full directory that I can paste into Finder?

Thank you for this Information, Daniel!!!

What a great software…
:smiley:

on Mac: open a terminal
then enter :
open $TMPDIR/VstAudioEngine
a new finder is open to this location…
send us back the logs files included in this folder.

Having a quick look through the logs myself it seems that the VST2 I whitelisted, Keyscape, was actually accepted, but it’s not showing up in the instruments dropdown menu.
VSTAudioEngine.zip (3.57 KB)

we find an issue in our support of new entries in this whitelist file. This will be fixed in next update.

there is a workaround, a little bit complicated…:frowning:

• 1- close Dorico

2- open the preference file Defaults.xml located in :

• Mac : user/Library/Preferences/VSTAudioEngine
  • Win: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine_64

3- find entry where value=“0” in the Components\Category Audio Module Class\Available group:
for example:

4- modify the value=“0” to value=“1” in the Defaults.xml and save this file

5- this number (in this example 02968B4A891D48E88E16BC22ACFC11D8) should be the number to enter in the vst2whitelist.txt file for the new plugin you want to add (it depends on the plugin, each VST2 plugin has its own number):

Kontakt 5
5653544E694F356B6F6E74616B742035
ThePLuginName
02968B4A891D48E88E16BC22ACFC11D8

save the vst2whitelist.txt file

6- restart Dorico

Cheers

That depends on market penetration.

Hello, Thanks for the post

Defaults.xml located in user/Library/Preferences/VSTAudioEngine

Where is it : documents and settings?
do you mean:
c:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine_64\Defaults.xml

can you give please the exact path from c:/
and after that where to find the right number of the plugin like in your example:

Best regards

on win it is :
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine_64

normally it should be the one where value=“0” in .
there is normally one number with value=“0” per added VST plugin in the whitelist. For this workaround you just have to add these numbers in the whitelist (each under a plugin name), the order is not important.
or you can attached in a zip file your whitelist and this defaults.xml and i can modify them.

Finaly I found ( works for me) :
open this:
C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine_64\Vst2xPlugin Infos VSTAudioEngine.xml
and the search the number of the plugin
here I tried with a demo of Sound Canvas:
I found this for this plugin
SOUND Canvas VA.dll
56535473637661736F756E642063616E

2.Write in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico\VSTAudioEngine\Components\vst2whitelist.txt
SOUND Canvas VA
56535473637661736F756E642063616E

3.Open
C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine_64\Defaults.xml
find the line where the number (here 56535473637661736F756E642063616E) is and write like explain above:
value=“1”
unders:

Hope it help! the the way was opened by “ygrabit” above
Works for me doen’t know if it can generate crash etc… try at your own risk as often said

Best regards and thousand thanks to “ygrabit”
Dup

That worked perfectly, thank you! Now I just have to wait for some decent dynamics and articulation playback.

in the next update we will avoid to enter the correct UID, 32 x = will be enough…

I have no problem, connecting to Play using VE Pro 6 as an interface.
In VE Pro 6 I have 31 instances, each capable of 16 instances of their own, and I can connect to all of them.
They consist of a mixture of VSL Special Edition, VSL Percussion, VSL XXL Tam-tam, VSL Konzerthaus Organ,
East West Symphonic Orchestra, Platinum, East West Symphonic Choirs
They all happily co-exist and most of them only use VST2

I just put out a lot of money for Dorico, and I’ve already put out a lot of money for my EWQL libraries, so I’d rather not have to put out another $280(US) to get Vienna Ensemble Pro 6, just to use my sound libraries with Dorico. Hmmm.

I invested quite heavily in EW as well … but I believe Daniel mentioned somewhere that Play would be supported as well, as (together with Kontakt) it’s a mature plugin with a huge user base.

Surely this is a question for East West? Perhaps you should politely ask them why they are not yet releasing software in VST3 format? I bet they are releasing PLAY in AAX 64bit, yet this is only supported and can only be used by one product.

DG

Steinberg, please include Spectrasonics products in your future inclusion of allowable VST2 libraries: Omnisphere and Trillian.

you can add them already, see my previous comment. I admit not really user friendly, but should work…:slight_smile:

How do we do that? I see the listing for Kontakt, with a very long number beneath it.

I just added Play 5 to the file, started Dorico and no change – Play didn’t show up. How do we figure out what number should go under the entry?

we find an issue in our support of new entries in this whitelist file. This will be fixed in next update.

there is a workaround, a little bit complicated…> :frowning:

1- close Dorico

2- open the preference file Defaults.xml located in :

• Mac : user/Library/Preferences/VSTAudioEngine
  • Win: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\VSTAudioEngine_64

3- find entry where value=“0” in the Components\Category Audio Module Class\Available group:
for example:

4- modify the value=“0” to value=“1” in the Defaults.xml and save this file

5- this number (in this example 02968B4A891D48E88E16BC22ACFC11D8) should be the number to enter in the vst2whitelist.txt file for the new plugin you want to add (it depends on the plugin, each VST2 plugin has its own number):

Kontakt 5
5653544E694F356B6F6E74616B742035
ThePLuginName

save the vst2whitelist.txt file

6- restart Dorico

Cheers

Is the 64-bit Aria Player (or its dll) a VST2 option for inclusion? I’m not sure where to look for its coding number(s).